1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Could'nt find_DS_MENU.DAT

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by darcey, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darcey

darcey Member

I have been using a 1 gb micro sd card for about 4 months with no problems at all so i bought a 2gb micro sd card but now when i try to play/load a game i get this message saying Could'nt find_DS_MENU.DAT is the micro card defective or have i missed some steps along the way thank you.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It would help if you informed us what flash cart this is.

But regardless, just clear your firmware and re-download it again, it might have corrupted it's self or just got accidently deleted, it happens...

One of my firmware files got corrupted for no reson :(

3. darcey

darcey Member

I have tried that about 10 times because i assumed the sd micro card was not being formatted right.As for the make of the micro card all it says is micro sd 2 gb. Any others having this problem ? if so how did you fix it ? I have no problems at all with my 1 gb micro card.

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

It is a file from your firmware and i am guessing you have an R4, re-download your firmware if you are sure you do not have it

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Like I said, just remove the current firmware folders for now, no need to format.

And do tell us what card you have, otherwise I'll assume you have an r4.

6. darcey

darcey Member

Re: Could\'nt find_DS_MENU.DAT

Yes it is an r4 can someone give me a link to the firmware here please.Its really funny i'm a super moderator at ftaonly.com and i hate being a newby but thats what i am when it comes to this.
    Post Merge: [time]1265810515[/time]
    Sorry for being a nob hYpNoS do you mean the make of the micro card or the game adapter that the micro card slids into the ds ? I will delete the firmware and try again and post back thanks.

7. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ you will have to look for your card in this webby

Unless you have the website address from the box your R4 came in

8. darcey

darcey Member

thanks for the link jjoker but it keeps timing out,won't connect.

9. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

weird, the link works for me

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The link works for me, something is wrong on your end it seems.
    The game adapter/flash cart (<technical name) is the make, brand isn't important unless the pc can't read it.

Once you eventually find some new firmware to download, remove the current files from the micro sd, then place the new ones in.

Backup your games and sav files while your doing so just incase something goes wrong.

11. darcey

darcey Member

Okay the link worked so what should i be looking for there ?

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Your firmware of course.

Ok, what does the label say exactly say on your r4, there are many fakes and clones, thus hard to spot which firmware is right.
    Post Merge: [time]1265811715[/time]
    If it's a standard r4 I see the link to click on...

13. darcey

darcey Member

I was wondering about clones we get this alot at the satellite forum i mod at.The game adapter says R4 Revolution for ds (ndsl\nds) and the micro card just says micro sd 2 gb

14. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

You will have to find your card listed there, that's why it would of been easier to have the box that your R4 came in as it would of had the correct website printed on it
    Post Merge: [time]1265811943[/time]
    download version 1.18... i think that version will work for you

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The micro sd card doesn't matter.

It's the r4 revolution ds that does.

...I'd have no clue on the firmware though because I'm not a r4 user, I might flag for a mod to move this and prehaps help, we normally advise that site but whatever is for your card I got no clue :(

16. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The bottom of the first column version 1.18 will probably be suited for you card

17. darcey

darcey Member

Tried that version no go,perhaps i have a clone ?
    Post Merge: [time]1265812556[/time]
    this is a great forum and i just want to thank you all.

18. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The 1.18 version is for the original R4, so yes, you probably have

I can only suggest trying different firmwares, as you do not have the box your R4 came in

19. darcey

darcey Member

thanks jjoker and all that tried to help me and no i don't have the box so i guess i'll just have to go through all firmware until i get the right one that works.

20. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The _DS_MENU.DAT that you had missing came from what firmware?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.