1. This forum is in read-only mode.

could not acess save file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mian95, Jun 21, 2010.

1. mian95

mian95 Member

hey guys
    i wondering how to get past games that say could not access save files after you turn them on. please help i am using akaio.
    Post Merge: [time]1277165174[/time]
    please help me with this i can't play a lot of games

2. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

it could be that your sav file has corrupted. to check if this is the case, download a ds emulator "no$gba"

1. put your game and sav file on the computer

2. place the game and save file in a folder called battery where the ds emulator is stalled (the folder will already be there)

3. now load your game, if it loads your save file then its a problem with the ds card. or whatever

4. if it says i dunno "violation error" or just gives a error then the save is probable corrupted

5. if the save file doesnt load up, then search the internet on converting the file to your ds emulator format. - i dunno

6. can i ask if it was a pokemon game?

3. mian95

mian95 Member

no its lego harry potter and bunch of other games and what you said is wrong because this the first i turned it on and it needs a arm 7 patch expect when i i put it it never works

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

First, do you have AKAIO 1.7? That is the most recent version and is highly recommended.
    Second, what games don't work? Lego Harry Potter is VERY new, and I'm nearly 100% that is has AP on it. I'm not sure which firmwares can bypass this AP. Even the newest AKAIO may not be able to.

Try turning off the soft reset if it is on (don't ask me how if you don't know how, just go through the settings until you find it), and keep cheats off. This doesn't solve AP issues too often, but sometimes it is all that is needed.
    - Look to the edit below.

Last but not least, don't be an ass. The first person was just trying to help off of the horrifyingly vague info you gave.

EDIT: Well, I looked at another thread that you posted about the exact same issue.....on the same freaking page. Having an R4 Ultra, chances are you WILL NEVER be able to run this game. Pick up a better cart, as I'm also 100% that AKAIO 1.7 won't work on the R4 Ultra, which by the way, I shouldn't of had to go to another thread to find this info.

Yes, I am being an ass. No, I'm not in a good mood. Don't despair though, the advice is solid.

Please refer to the link in my signature to find a more suitable flash cart. The bottommost spoiler should be sufficient.