1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Costco?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mds64, Aug 19, 2009.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Has anyone been to it?

Australian one or otherwise?

What's the range?

Does it indeed have games that are cheaper than normal?

I just wanna know-also the retail experience (anything they do that is uniquie I want to know-retail salesman in training XD)

For all your costco info I would be most happy :)

Post away your experiences (and if...they have games...and what can I expect of such items)

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

There is a costco here in Florida, don't know if it's any different from Australian costco's... I've never done any really game shopping there, but have for food and everything... They tend to sell food in bulk, meaning you get maybe 3 times the food for only 1.5 times the price of normal grocery stores. I don't normally go there because here you have to pay for a membership card to buy their stuff, most likely you have to in Australia also.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I hear it's just locallised for us in australia (I'm going this saturday with my mother to see-she's a member).

I hope it has games-they have computers and tv's.

4. timmy1991

Yeah they have just about everything you could want there... from food, to games, to outdoors equipment, and I believe there's furniture in there somewhere

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok back on topic before I lose my temper...

I'm aware we are an international user base-so for those who have-what's it like?

If you want to ask a question-you may ask, as long as it's about costco and someone answers :)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I believe the UK has something similar called Mackro (not sure on the spelling).

7. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

yeah, we have that too here in the philippines but its spelled as Makro. it sells bulk products. my aunt has a membership for that and she buys stuff there for her grocery store. stocking up and putting new inventories.

well, i think i know that costco. and yeah, its cheaper because you buy in bulk, its like a discount for your bulk products. but, i think they sell retail also...

what i hate is the membership, its so expensive and you need to renew every year... it not like i go there for my daily grocery...

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

9. damanali

good one. but that clip also shows what its like inside. you can see like big boxes, cause you buy it in bulk. also, it might look like a warehouse rather than a store...

dont know if thats the same in your country, but here...it does look like a big warehouse

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The scene's from the movie Idiocracy. In the future, Costco's as large as a city. Their slogan is "I love you", and a train takes you around the building.

[​IMG]

11. timmy1991

^^had to go find that movie because of that

I love costco, just can't afford to keep a membership

12. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

I heard about this being in Melbourne or something
    Put one in Sydney and I'm there.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

XD

...Can't wait to see it-if it has games I'm stealing my father's member ship!

...if your a regular shopper the savings will make up for it's price...

And Markco must be a costco brand-or a cheap rip :D

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes, that is the correct spelling.

15. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

What is Costco?

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Remember the simpsons ep where they viited the "monster mart".

That is what's it's based on-bulk retail super market.

17. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Hmm. Sounds awesome... I don't think that we have one where I am though.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If I remember from last time I don't think you'll get one unless it works in docklands in vic (just opened)

And speaking of which-mum ain't going-too crowded she says-wish I had the membership to myself :(

19. damanali

well, you can go using her card if you want. most membership to those stores have extensions. my aunt always lends my mum her membership cause my mum is her extension... why pay extra if you could borrow hers, right?

but well, you could read her card so you know the limitations.

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...if it's like the woolworths cards I can't-registered in name.

But I will keep that in mind.