1. This forum is in read-only mode.

cosplay suggestions

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by silverkitty2012, Aug 28, 2009.

1. silverkitty2012

silverkitty2012 Well-Known Member

I am a custom fashion designer who recently came across the concept of cosplay. I myself dress gothic lolita. petticoats corsets etc. I didnt even know about cosplay until my otaku sister showed me some of her magazines. I LOVE IT!!! I like the style and think i should wear it. I wont buy them because i can make my own with no problems. Here's where you all fit in. I need some picture suggestions of great female outfits. I dont know much about anime/manga and i dont see my sister often enough to go through her shelves. I found one on my own that i loved called rozen maiden.
    [​IMG]

If you want to email me the pics, thats fine too.

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Do you only need Gothic lolita pictures? Anyway, wait for crazytuna, he's like an expert for this. Probably. :p

Anyway from chobits, chii and freya:
    [​IMG]

and Sakura, from Tsubasa RESERVoiR CHRoNiCLE:
    [​IMG]

3. silverkitty2012

thank you so much for that one. I am more into a gothic look but i love the one from chobits, chii and freya. The other pic is almost how i dress normally. It doesnt have to be gothic though i am more comfortable in dark colors, and any suggestions are welcome.

4. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

my oh my Kamui how did you know I would come here? :p
    actually Rozen Maiden is the one with the most gothic lolita
    but there's also,
    Le Portrait de la Petite Cossette
    xxxHolic
    Pandora Hearts (I think...)

also there's this singer, Nana Kitade, she creates gothic lolita stuff too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewiImn7vWnY&fmt=18
    this is her singing Kesenai Tsumi and wearing her creations
    Personally I prefered her old looks :p
    but the good thing about Gothic lolita is the originality, I like it

5. silverkitty2012

Saw the singer...she's dress Gothic Lolita. That's pretty much how i dress already. I am looking for a more anime based look. Doesn't HAVE to be Gothic though. I like neon colors too. I'm just not a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. Give me something interesting to make. Because I don't know much about anime, i really have no input. The only thing i know a little about is read or die and that's because my sister loves it. I want something to bring to real life that hasn't been seen in everyday wear. I know I'm not an Asian woman, but i can pull off the outfits i make...been doing it for years. When i finish the project, I'll try to post pics but i need to see some good anime outfit pics. Thank you for taking time to read this. The Silver Kitty

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Uh...Wedding dress?
    ah,nevermind... :)

7. crazytuna

So you basically want originality... like something you don't see everyday right?
    seeing that Gothic Lolita stuff is very original and unusual (but in a good way ;))
    something that's close to it... or neon colors...
    and it has to be doable...
    hum.......
    I really have nothing that comes to my mind sorry
    but there is one though, Yin from Darker than Black
    here's a picture of her
    [​IMG]
    sorry I cant find a better picture of her, I just used the first pic on Google

8. meganova

Tuna,
    I know someone's from Bible Black.o_O

9. crazytuna

Yin's not from Bible Black!
    don't insult her she reminds me of Yuki :D

10. meganova

I like to post some picture,(watching it now.. hehe :p )
    But all is H pics...o_O

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You just had to tell everyone that you have that stuff...

*slaps meganova

...but you COULD try finding a non-h pic of it, or at least the person in question...

...man the first pic looks awsome, hard to believe someone can dress like that somehow!

12. crazytuna

yeah I must admit it does look awesome
    and hand-made too

13. meganova

Aye.. aye captain...-_-"
    I'll post it after I found a good one...maybe the Wedding dresses.. XD

14. crazytuna

aren't wedding dresses a tad bit complicated to do?...

15. meganova

Simple one is not complicated(I think)
    :p

16. crazytuna

well if it's not complicated, it's not a wedding dress anymore :p

17. meganova

Wedding dress can be complicated or not. :)
    Even underwear....

18. crazytuna

wedding dresses are suppose to wow the crowd when they see it
    so what better way than to wow the crowd by making a complicated dress that would make any women look awesome in it

19. silverkitty2012

well now...the wedding dress idea...i did it a while ago. I was married and the guy cheated so i took my dress out of the closet, dyed it black, cut it up and made a gothic skirt out of it. The part that hangs in the back was worn like a lace jacket over the dress, so dyed black, it could be worn with any outfit i wear. I figured there was no use in saving it, the meaning behind the dress was gone. It really did come out awesome though, so wedding dresses do work. But the difference is, gothic lolita dresses are more victorian looking. I am working on something more exact though. I want to copy a specific character. Nothing to do with the lolita thing. Though i desire something with dark colors, im willing to wear bright colors too. Just no school girl outfits or sailor moon or power ranger looking things. I know someone has to have more than what i find on google.

20. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

You should dress as Ash Ketchum.