1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Corruption problems with the DS Roms?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PotatoChupBro, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PotatoChupBro

PotatoChupBro New Member

Hello, i'v been having troubles with the Roms i download from this site.The ones i'v been having troubles with are the NDS roms..only NDS since i dont know how to put on any other kind of rom onto my DS (eg. GBA's ect.)

Here is the process i went through:

1. I download a certain game i want...lets say; Transformers?

2. i save it with WinAce. [I tried WinRar, but the same thing occurred]

3. It finishes downloading then i go to the file (were i saved it) then open it in WinAce.

4. Then i extract the file/s to what ever file i want. --- by the way, usually there is only one file, Is that normal?

5. While its trying to extract the file, a window comes up saying "Error; (ect) then - this file is Corrupted. --Note; this system only worked for a couple of roms from this site - But, i did the previous process then copied and pasted it to my chip - were all the other games are. It didnt work. There was only an info file in its place. No proper game file thing.

Have i done something wrong or missed something out? - because, i havnt done this before, someone else put on some games for me but they are now quite far away so i have to try and do it myself with the little info i have on computers! ???[though, im not completely useless when it comes to electronics..Just this sorta stuff annoys the crud outah me, hehe]

So, would anyone be kind enough to tell me what i have to do or what i havnt done, so i can get it to work. [My chip is 'M3dsReal', if that helps you anymore..]

Any sort of help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks :]

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Your download has corrupted during transfer.

Simple answer-get a download manager to prevent that-most downloads have 2 files-an NFO (not needed) and the .nds file.

3. PotatoChupBro

PotatoChupBro New Member

ohh, right! thanks :]

Do you know were about i can get this download manager?
    Or should i just google 'Download manager for..' uhm, i dont actually know what to google if i had to find it myself ;(

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

I recommend either Flashget or DownThemAll, which is a Firefox add-on.

5. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

i think get firefox or safire would be a good thing to do.

o and safire will work on a pc it not only for macs

6. Mellon

Mellon New Member

Hmm..i have the same problem. I'll try downloading the download helper (downThemAll) and if it works..i'll post again. If it doesnt, i have nooo idea what i should do next. Im sure PotatoChupBro won't either...lol

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try the latest OrbitDownloader.
    You can get it here...www.softpedia.com

8. PotatoChupBro

PotatoChupBro New Member

Cool! Thank's very much, guys.
    It works now XD
    :D

9. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I thought Firefox came with a download manager built into it

10. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Not really, no.

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's a... kind of manager. Kind of.

But it doesn't have all the features and compatibility of a real download manager. It rarely resumes halted downloads correctly, and on connection interruption, it assumes the file is complete and finishes it. (And that is where corrupted downloads happen).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.