1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Corrupted Files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by graceong, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graceong

graceong Guest

ALL the roms that I download becomes corrupted after downloading and sometimes when downloading the files, there will be an error saying that they are unable to find the file, pleases contact service admin or wait for a while to re download the file. I have already disabled the norton antivirus software and I do not use download manager but still there is always a problem with downloading the roms. Please Help! :'(

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What browser are you using? Are you saving them?

3. graceong

graceong Guest

I am using firefox and yes I am saving the files

4. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

How fast is your connection?

5. graceong

graceong Guest

Its 969 kbps

6. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Try this site:
    Usually bad connections can disrupt ongoing downloads, although you can resume, advise using a download manager.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

7. graceong

graceong Guest

using the website you provided, they said that my download speed is 3039 kbps
    Post Merge: [time]1244442892[/time]
    I tried using the download accelerator plus program to download the file but still the same problem occurs..

8. sadboy

sadboy Guest

YOUR PROVIDER IS DOING IT IT USE TO DO IT WITH ME FORMAT COMPUTER OR ROLLBACK TO USE NO FIREFOX JUST YAHOO

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

like sadboy SCREAMED (don't do that...my ears hurt) it could be the provider...or

Are you on a wirless connection prehaps-it might have got cut off mid-download, here is what I always do...

A file may say it's finished, but it isn't, it just says it has, so I open the download link again and continue the download...if it's missing anything it will continue from a certain point (ie 44% just now with legend of zelda ocarina of time) if not it will redownload from the beginning...

A strange thing I noticed from firefox...not that I'm complaining XD

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Only if you resume it within 10 minutes of it stopping, and it cant always.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I'm quick to notice when it says 44% done and then out of no where it say's it finished with the full number on the file...

12. Loonylion

yep that's the connection getting interrupted

13. graceong

graceong Guest

sometimes when downloading files like Avalon code, about 13 - 14%, they will say that 0% of the file is currently being downloaded or something like that, or sometimes when the file has downloaded finished, after waiting for about 5 minutes then I will try extracting the file but still there is an error

14. Loonylion

then it is a corrupt file and all you can do is try again.

15. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

try using download accelerator then..

16. graceong

graceong Guest

lol.. I already tried using the download accelerator but still it does not work, and I keep redownloading the rom but still the same problem occurs over and over again

17. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Hmm,
    Have you tried downloading it from cybercafe?

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...while downloading the file will say something like 0kb or something like that, the part file is the one getting it all until it's finished...

Are you using wireless-if that cuts out like for just a second that could be the reason...need to keep trying if that is the case (and check the file size once it's complete-make sure it matches what the site says-even 1kb/mg could be an issue, but try it first before starting from scratch...)

Also I might reccomend-if it's failed keep the file, and download ON TOP OF IT because sometimes it might continue the download, deleting the half done one means a big time waste...if it restarts again let it.

But if you are wired-you got me stumped :(

19. Loonylion

use a download manager (NOT the same thing as a download accelerator).

20. graceong

graceong Guest

I tried using download manager but still...
    I am using wireless.. haha thanks for your tip after I try it I'll let you know the outcome
    Post Merge: [time]1244617534[/time]
    hmm.. It is kind of weird as me and my brother shares a computer. For my user account, I am unable to download anything that needs to extract but for my brother's user account, he can download it.. however I cannot access my brother's user account till he is at home, which is like one or twice a month...

I tried keeping the failed file and redownloaded the same file but then sadly it does not continue the download, I kept like 5 of the failed downloaded files but still it does not work..:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.