1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Coping with failure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodVayne, Sep 16, 2008.

1. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Right now, I feel like shit. I have no motivation to do anything. Don't feel like eating, gaming, watching TV, nothing. I guess you can say I'm wallowing in self-pity. Let's just say I fucked up on a lot of things. A LOT, and in so many ways. I feel like *goddammit* a failure right now...
    Back to the point, I'm sure you guys have been through this situation before, i.e. screwing up, feeling like crap afterwards... . So, I'm asking for suggestions, what do you do at times like that? How do you cope with um.. failing...?

2. gladiator

gladiator Well-Known Member

think of good things that happened to you today (if there are any).
    or just feel happy

3. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

http://www.failblog.org

Because there are more failures than you

4. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Oh, fuck, why didn't I think of that. It surely relates to my problem, all right.
    /s

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just think of all the things that make you happy. I have these moments sometimes at school, I sometimes act like I'm going through a midlife crisis. Seriously.

6. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Shit happens. Accept failure, learn from it and don't do it again.

Looking at somebody else's (worse) problems might work. Just don't overdo it. Oh, and spam some friends with your failure, it will make you feel better.

If you can, go somewhere new. Don't stay at places that are too familiar.
    Get more colour in your home, and more light.
    Go build something. Like a closet or a simple desk (get MDF).

These things tend to work for me. And think of the prospect that things will only get better. Trust me, they do.

7. Roy mustang

Roy mustang Well-Known Member

Just think of ur troubles and then think of someone who is more worse off then you. Or listen to music, do some sport or just chillax well thats what i do when i feel troubled, just don't do anything drastic.. ok.

8. Noop

Noop Member

Lmfao. That brightened up my day.

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

lolcats, loldogs, failblog, and demotivational/motivational posters always brightens up my day :)