1. This forum is in read-only mode.

COP: The Recruit

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shackol101, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shackol101

shackol101 Active Member

Can somebody fix the problem with this rom??

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Let's start this over. Without the swearing and flaming and crying.
    Constructive posts only, please.

Original thread can be found here if you have any info you wish to salvage:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27177.0

3. Ryosu

Ryosu New Member

Ok, im gonna have to repost this..... I have tested this rom of COP and it works beautifuly...
    Here is the linkto download the rom...(well.. there WAS a link, but it got removed by romulation...)
    ** Competing ROM site link removed **

got far into the game with no problems..
    Post Merge: [time]1257955921[/time]
    Sorry for the double post.... but when you open the link, use the regular download so you dont have to pay :eek:...

4. thomas9790

thomas9790 Member

On which flashcard do you play it?

5. Beast-COD

Beast-COD New Member

where is the US rom that that one guy said he'd dump?

6. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Normmatt has said he will fix the AP, but you need to provide him with a save before the AP check - and clear instructions how to get to the actual part where the AP kicks in.

I have provided him with one for mission 19, if others could post the ones for mission 25 etc, it'd be of great help. I'd do it myself but can't use the emulator on this archaic PC I am currently stuck on.

7. The AP hacker

The AP hacker Well-Known Member

I wondered when that thread would be locked. Ah well, atleast we have this one. Just so everyone knows, a supposed "R4 working rom" is in that old thread tirith linked to..Im downloading now.

If it works, i'll post up here.
    Post Merge: [time]1257996028[/time]
    Guys, I was playing COP and realised something.

This game has amazing graphics, is free roam, is better than GTA:CW and yet...

32MB. How?

What if there was no "pure AP"....that the AP worked more as a compressant like .rar, but only certain parts...The reason we couldnt play the recording part of the fat guy mission is because it isnt EXTRACTED. Its like a .rar file. you cant play them. If there was a compressed file that had the last part of the fat guy mission, we wouldnt be able to play it.

This works on No$gba because emulators read the .nds file and read through all the files but leave it in the same state. it would read through the comprressed file as if it was a normal file. Perhaps thats hwy this game is only 32MB. Because Its actually 128MB, but parts of the game are compressed, SHRINKING THE SIZE OF THE GAME.

It makes sense.

8. KevInChester

The fix is in the works.....

AP Hacker, just how much experience do you actually have? What you have posted above is a good guess, unfortunately it's also incorrect. The size of the rom is more due to the lack of extraneous things like copious amounts of FMV and speech.

9. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

As promised, here is the USA dump of COP. This one is a REAL USA dump (I know this because I bought and dumped it myself) and it's full of AP just like the (E) version:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0OHLSUCQ

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Im dowloading it and see if it work on the original R4 revolution for DS with ysmenu!

11. KevInChester

There is real progress, Normmatt has already defeated one of the checks for Mission 19, doing the other now, then Mission 25.

12. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I could try that copcrack anyway!, mabe they are diffrent with it and see what it dose
    Post Merge: [time]1258053527[/time]

http://filetrip.net/f8601-C-O-P-The-Recruit-CRACK-FIX-1-0.html
    Post Merge: [time]1258054838[/time]
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189422
    Post Merge: [time]1258056841[/time]
    If i patch it , funny but you can not record the fat guy like befor, it will not work on the emulator, but the real ds will upto the fat guy with red tie

I mean normly you can record the fat guy then the AP problem, this happens befor recording with this version

13. KevInChester

No need for feeling crappy, it wasn't a character assassination ;) What you described can be done, and has been done before, just not in this case.

14. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Something I've noticed by playing the actual cart of this......it doesn't take as many shots to kill people like the ROM does. So it sounds like there's a bit of AP to that also. Killing the dudes is MUCH easier than in the ROM version.

Just thought I'd mention that.

15. Pwnag3

Pwnag3 Guest

click the link dude. the DS-scene link i posted. Read the ROM description. It says its cracked. http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=8697

16. The AP hacker

1. Whered my first post go?
    2. Lots of roms for COP have "cracked" in the description. This one most likely isnt an better.

17. Pwnag3

Pwnag3 Guest

um guys.. omg! with the us version, I have bypassed the AP check at occurs after chasing that car that rams you. The AP check occurs after typing the 3C code to make a roadblock on the bridge. IT GOT PAST IT OMG. the .rar file of the US rom has the cracked and the uncracked rom in it. it works people. try it out

18. The AP hacker

If you read the comments of the romulation (U) COP, one person says this gets past M19 (fat guy) on R4. Dont know if it is true but Im going to try on Cyclods.

19. lonelycatz

lonelycatz Well-Known Member

I am going to try it too
    Post Merge: [time]1258082663[/time]
    it works, the new rom passes all the ap

20. Pwnag3

Pwnag3 Guest

it does dude. im Waluigi3351. Im at m43 now and NO Crashes at all. im using R4 1.18 WITHOUT YS MENU!!! The RAR file has the cracked rom by SUXXORS and the clean rom. This is real

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.