1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Constructor

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Folkemon, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Folkemon

Folkemon Member

hi there...I'm new on this forum, but yes, i have read all the support you guys wrote here but still it doesn't help...
    the problem is next...for a long time I've searched for one of the best psx games, constructor, and finally i have found it here...downloaded, and then...
    then nothing...
    i am using cvgs 1.4.1. xp, and it works fine for all other games, i have played before...
    downloaded game image is mounted in alcohol 120%, and it's the way i do it all the time...but, when i started the game, instead of loading screen, or something like that, i just got empty, black screen...i waited for 5 minutes, i thought it's some bug, and it will run after sometime, but no...
    then i guessed it is about emulator, and i downloaded epsxe emulator, with all the bios and plugins listed in topic above, did everything like you said, but when i ran the game, there it was...another problem...the SEND ERROR REPORT/DON'T SEND window popped and emulator crashed...i tried it 2-3 times, and then i gave up...
    anyone knows what else could i do?
    i really want to play this game...
    or - if someone knows another place where i can download the game image, for psx...

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The game is fine, so I'd suggest another emulator.

epsxe-the reccomended emulator by all of romUlation and it is more up to date.

Your might be able to run most games, but this might be an exception...besides it can't hurt, and it might be easier to download this than another game that might not work eh XD

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Have you configure your ePSXe?
    As well download a bios for it?

4. Folkemon

Folkemon Member

look, i downloaded epsxe more than hundred times, for last 2 years, and all the bios and plugins required, and it didn't worked for any game, not just constructor...
    in few words - i can't run epsxe on my computer...
    i use cvgs - connectix virtual game station, which runs every game that i have downloaded, but it can't run constructor...

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

This is the alt emulator

pSX v1.13

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n0qynnnnjzg

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you aren't configuring it right. ePSXe works almost perfectly for over 90% of games.

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I agree.

Use the latest version as well.

8. Folkemon

Folkemon Member

failed to initialise d3d device... - with pSX v1.13...thanx anyway...
    admin...i'm not stupid, o.k...?
    did you thought that maybe the game is not right?
    cvgs, is running ALL the games i have:
    1. downloaded
    2. burned on cd
    3. ran from original psx cd's...
    so, i guess, that it's not the emulator that's not working, 'cause it works just fine...
    download the game, and try it for yourself, and if it works on your computer, then fine...if it does not...
    try uploading other image file...

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What are your computer specs? Maybe you don't have DirectX updated properly to run the video drivers.

10. Loonylion

There is no one-size-fits-all configuration for emulators. different games need different configurations and sometimes different emulators. That is just the way it is.

'failed to initialise d3d device' sounds like you are trying to run it on a completely inadequate system.

11. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

CVGS has a far from 100% compatibility. Now I suggest what would be best, is if you dropped the attitude, posted your specs, and someone will no doubt instruct you on how to get it to work. EPSXE is by far the best, and is compatible thanks to the plugin system with a wide variety of systems.

Of course there is always the PC version.

12. Jhon 591

yes d3d is a directx problem, mabe not installed i mean updates, I would recomend for all emulators to run on

13. Folkemon

Folkemon Member

Windows XP service pack 2
    256 mb ram memory
    Intel pentium 2 processor
    398 MHz
    Video card : ATI technologies, Inc. 3d rage pro agp 2x
    i understand that it may not work on cvgs, but i don't understand why it (computer) can't run any other emulator properly...
    i allready have downloaded epsxe, like it says in one of topics, on forum...and all the bios, and plugins, but it's not working...can someone zip and upload somewhere possible working emulator with bios, and plugins needed for my configuration...?
    sorry for the rage, but i'm just very disappointed that i finally found constructor image file, and it's not working...
    and for the pc version...
    i tried more than 10 different ones, and none of them is working...Kevin, can you send me a link for pc version that works?

14. Jhon 591

I would say your system specs are quite low , mabe enuth to run sega or snes

to run somethink like playstation , mabe windows xp yes sp2 is ok, but more like 1gb - 2gb of ram , pentium 4 2ghz , good graphics cards like nvidia geforce 512mb, are you can go much higher thease days

Hear is the emu with bios and memcards

ePSXe v1.7.0

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i0c1qyjzihj

15. Loonylion

that graphics card is far too old to run PSX emulators properly.

16. Folkemon

Folkemon Member

yeah i tried, and gave it up...
    x)
    dosn't work again...
    =/
    i'll try to find working pc version...
    =)
    thanx anyway guys...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.