1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Considering gettin a psp...what are some essential things that I need to know?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ladykanna, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ladykanna

ladykanna Member

I'm thinking of getting a psp. But what are some essential things I need to know?
    What do I have to do so that I can download the psp games here and be able to play them on the psp?
    Will I have to get disc or something to download all the psp games that I can get from here, is it similar to as it was to get a R4 card for my ds? Grateful in any responds I get. Totally appreciate it. :)

2. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

all you need to know is, you do NOT need to crack anything

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=57209.msg1333581#msg1333581

i haven't updated for like ever! Exams and stuff, expect a massive update next week!!

3. ladykanna

ladykanna Member

Oh my gosh! Really?? That's great! ^.^ I'm so grateful that you replied ^.^ Thank you!!

4. megashell

LOL, no problem, enjoy the free games!

5. ladykanna

ladykanna Member

Are there essential stuff that i need to buy when I get the psp? Or does everything come with it when i buy it brand new?

Also What are Psp E-Boots?

What do I need to do to get these games on the psp?

Would really appreciate it if you could tell me how in steps....Thank you ^.^

6. megashell

Well everything is already in my post there

E-boots are basically the game itself that is "resigned" meaning that the psp thinks its the actual game and runs it as if it were a real game

Everything comes with your psp once you buy it, the memory card however is only 2 gig big, thats kinda small, you may want to get a bigger one, but it is big enough for 3-4 small games, or 1 large one- LOL

You put these on, using your data cable- the one you plug into your computer, after that, it will read it as a memory stick, you then go to the folder named PSP and then in that folder games, you just chuck your file you got here, into that folder (PSP/game--> e-boot file)

7. ladykanna

ladykanna Member

Wow Thank you for all your help! ^.^

8. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm in the same boat as the OP and not really getting what the link was supposed to be telling us. I have been using ROMs for the DS forever now and it's just a matter of pilling in the .nds file onto the micro SD which goes into your flashcard and that's what you play off of.

I'm also getting a PSP because they're cheap now (thank you Vita and me never having much interest in the PSP before) and need to know EXACTLY how you use roms for the machine.

From what I understand in this thread I plug the unit directly into the computer and there's a game file like in my DS flashcard and I can dump the roms found here right in it and they will just play? As though I downloaded them from PSN or something? Is that right? I wasn't aware the PSP even came with a USB component...

Is there anyone who can give me exact interactions as to how I use roms on the PSP since I'm a total noob right now? I did search the site (and found this thread, lol) I just need more info. Pretend you're talking to a small child.

Thanks in advance!

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Just take note that without hacking, you're limited to that list of games, and not the entire PSP library, the PSX library, nor homebrew, like emulators.

10. buchichu

yeah...that seems to be the case. However I'm a simpleton when it comes to this kind of thing. The DS is a dream because as long as you buy a decent Flashcard you're set without hacking - hacking is waaaay to hardcore for my tastes. At least for now. So I can deal with a smaller selection if it's really as simple as transferring over a file.

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Just a small list of things you'll be missing out on until they make signed EBOOTs,

Every Final Fantasy game:
    Final Fantasy Dissidia 012
    Crisis Core
    Tactics: War of the Lions
    FFIV Collection

Disgaea
    Jeanne D'arc
    Tactics Ogre
    God of War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta
    Persona 2 and 3
    All of the Tales games
    The GTA series

If only I knew how to take ISO dumps and make them signed EBOOTs, you'd have a much better selection than mostly 5.0-6.0 rated games...

12. buchichu

Well...I have Disgaea on the DS and there's a Disgaea 2 EBOOT available...I'd love the Persona games but I can wait...I think. I have Tactics Ogre on my GBA emulator in my SCDS2 (although I'd love the remake). I figure I'll start with these and since I'll have the PSP, do a little more research on hacking.

I'm pretty easy, I mean, I'm just super hyped to play Chrono Cross on it now that it's finally available at the Playstation store!!
    Post Merge: [time]1322404301[/time]
    Okay, I'm having some issues here tha I've addressed in other threads. It says here I don't have to hack anything, but these EBOOT games won't play on my PSP I keep getting an error code 80010087 and when I've looked up how to fix it I keep seeing that I have to change the UMD settings via a "recovery menu" which apparently I can only get with custom software I understood I wouldn't need to run these games!!

Help!?!