1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Connecting Wii to internet (w/ wired connection)?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by houstontx224, Dec 9, 2010.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Just going through the Wii instruction manuals and since I have wired internet (through my modem) it's saying that I WILL need the Wii Lan Adapter? Wow. Ususaly for my PS3 and XBOX 360..I just run the line form my modem and I'm good to go. So, before I go and actually unplug everything..Someone please let me know if I can just run my ethernet line directly to my Wii and get connected? Thanks.

HoustonTX224

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I'm assuming it says you need the LAN adaptor because the wii does not have built in ethernet.

3. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

I'm merely guessing here Loonylion...because usually for my 360 and PS3 I just disconnect the ehternet cable form my modem then plug it into the back of either system and then I'm online. Was hoping it would be the same for the Wii but, I read in the manula something about if I'm using a wired connection that I DO need the adapter to get connected to the internet.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes, the PS3 has built in ethernet, and I believe so does the xbox360. if the wii does not then there is no way of plugging it into a modem without the lan adaptor.

5. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

You would do since the wii doesn't have an Ethernet port, so an device is needed to my knowledge

6. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Yeah wii doesn't have a built in Ethernet port, so it's either get a wi-fi modem, or buy the adapter.