1. This forum is in read-only mode.

confused again

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thomascryer, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomascryer

thomascryer Well-Known Member

someone on here said i need firmware for my ds. i have just spoken to the chap where im getting my r4 card he said you dont need firmware cause its already in my ds i just needed the software to upgrade the card now i am confused.
    Post Merge: [time]1259231112[/time]
    any ideas anyone

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

What type of R4 card you are using?, they are so many

What is your DS, DS, ds light or DSI?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You need firmware for your "flash cart" in which this case is the r4.

Back in the early days of flash carts you did need special firmware...but you no longer need this.

Short answer-your r4 needs firmware-not your ds.

4. Jhon 591

I would still ask the qwestion what type of R4, As they are R4,R4III,R4upgrade est ?

Short answer-your r4 needs firmware-not your ds.

5. thomascryer

its a ds lite and the card i have bought is a r4i card and ive been told to do a software upgrade for the card

6. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

When the people you bought it from say software, they mean the firmware of the card. So when you get your card, you have to look at the exact name it on the packaging, because there are many different types of R4. Then go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and get the file with the same name. I know I'm repeating myself, but meh.

7. Jhon 591

Have a close look at your card

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

It will be either the left or right one kernal

Yes be sure to look at your box frist... the site abouth my not be it, And also your ds lite has nothink to do with the kernals

8. thomascryer

well i dunno i have just been in live chat with the company that im getting the card from he said all i have to do is download the r4i upgrade from there site im pulling my hair out here lol

9. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

When they say "r4i upgrade" they mean the same thing I mean when I say "firmware". They are the same thing. If you want you can get it from their site like they say, it should be the same files.

10. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Wait until you get your card,then come back here with all the information.Youll then get help with setting it up.

N.B. Have you never heard of an Acekard2i LOL.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wait...so you don't have the card yet...

Live chat...did you...ring these people?

That is a waste of money-stick with us and eventually we will help-and it's cheaper than a phone call :)

12. thomascryer

no i dont have the card yet should be here in couple days time im just finding out everything that i have to do for when i get it. i was just on there live chat on the internet

and what is a acekard2i lol

13. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Wake up MDS,he said "where Im getting my card from",not where I got my card from.The suppliers are getting him confused.

An Acekard2i is supposed to be the best card you can get and its only $12-but you need a microsd and usb card reader to make up the kit LOL.

14. Jhon 591

When you get your card the "website" will be on the box... that you download your firmware from, for that card! ;)

15. thomascryer

i think i understand now lol

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ah, info hunting.

Well, an acekard is another type of flash cart, a much better one at that.

Easier to use, games don't need patching to work, and unlike anything with the name "r4" in it's name it's not an upgraded clone or fake of the original r4 card made years ago...which is no longer made, these fakes and clones mearly use the name to sell the card.

There are heaps of other cards, different variations of the r4, dstt, edge, m3 and my personal 3...

Acekard 2.1, 2.i (same as 2.1 but works on dsi) and the Rpg which is hard to find.

The best 2 brands to get are the cycloDS and acekard-acekard is cheaper and works on dsi if you got the 2.i but cyclo is more compatibly, though it cost more and the card doesn't work on dsi.

This is what I implied.

Also, please don't remind me that i just woke up...

[me=hYpNoS]goes back to sleep[/me]

17. thomascryer

interesting perhaps i will look at the acekard after i have got the r4 card i will see how i get on with it

what the hell does patching mean

18. Jhon 591

It means patching the game it's self, A game for thease cards are called a ROM after it has bean ript

But not all games need patching for then to run on a R4

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Time to explain...

THink of this, some of the newer high risk games have "anti piracy" protection built in-as soon as they are started they refuse to work on flash carts.

So to bypass on some carts you need to patch them, or "remove" the protection so it would work.

On an acekard all you need is the latest firmware to get around it-if it doesn't work ethier try changing some options or wait until the latest firmeare comes out to get around it.

Or ask us and we might have a solution-most are easy to fix ;)

20. thomascryer

im starting to wish i got a acekard now ohhhhhhhhhhhhh pooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.