1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Confused About Acekard and Cheat DAT Files Lately

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DTheRPGFan657289, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

So far, everytime I downloaded Acekard's latest 4.17 update, it keeps prompting me with the Acekard RPG menu that has virtually nothing listed on it after I access my memory stick. I then downloaded a previous update (4.11) which turned out to be an Acekard RPG program as well, except this one ran on my card fine. Then, I went to update my CHEAT DAT file by going to gbatemp and downloading their 6/23 DAT file. I downloaded the USRCHEAT and CHEAT DATs. Now, they give me SOME of the cheat codes for some of my games, but for others (such as Final Fantasy 3, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, World Ends With You, and some others) it shows 'Error Cheat File Not Found'. I use R4CCE to open both DATs, and their games are already listed there WITH their codes. Could it be because I'm trying to run a newer DAT update with a previous Acekard update? Doesn't seem likely since FF3 should be on there definitely, but its not tracking. any insight? I have an Acekard 2 Original (not 2i) that I got over a year ago.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I know some cards had a limit to the number of cheats you can have in the database. I don't think Acekard 2 was affected by this, but maybe?

Have you tried using the Alternative Firmware for the Acekard, AKAIO? Latest version 1.4.1, go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds to try it out. It's supposed to be one of the better firmwares for the Acekard.

3. DTheRPGFan657289

I can try it. Even though my friends recommended I update the firmware every time the updates release to keep up with the latest ROMS (like GTA: CW had its issues), I only update every couple of months. But the last DAT file I downloaded and then deleted by accident was back when I got my firmware update winter of last year. And it allowed me to access cheats for over 30+ of the DS games I had on my card. I still have those games, but the newest DAT only allows me to access the cheat codes for HALF of them now.
    Post Merge: [time]1246195903[/time]
    Yea, I went to the site. It has the latest Acekard RPG update as 4.11 (which is what I have, and its running fine). And then the Acekard 2/2i update (which is the emulator that I have) is 4.17. But that one is just the exact same one that Acekard offered to me. So for now, I guess I'm stuck with 4.11 until I figure out what the heck is going on. It still doesn't help me if there's a game coming out later that'll have issues and I can't get the proper update. What is AKAIO listed under there, because it must have an alternative listing (like R4, or Acekard, etc.) that I don't know of? And does anyone know of any sites that are trustworthy and retain prior cheat database updates? I'm hoping to find one that released as far back as Winter 2008 cause that was the one that worked perfectly. Otherwise, I might have to rewrite the DAT that GBATEMP provided with my R4CCE.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

AKAIO is listed under the Acekard2 firmware.

It stands for Acekard All In One.

5. DTheRPGFan657289

ok, well I downloaded the AKAIO 1.4.1 update along with their Acekard 2 and Acekard RPG updates. I even downloaded the XMB cheat file. So hopefully, I will be able to figure this out.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Even then, you can still delete some entries out of the database :)

7. DTheRPGFan657289

Ok I figured out the DAT file thing. My update takes XML format databases. But my Acekard 2 is still giving me issues when I try to use an update past 4.07. I just realized something. Does 4.11 and on work only with Acekard 2.1? I have Acekard 2.0 (which was out in 2008). And then I see sites advertising version 2.1. Is there any technical difference? The only game I can't really seem to play on 4.07 is GTA: Chinatown Wars. Everything else runs fine.

8. anandjones

The only changes between are I believe are an update to the cartridge itself, with minor hardware changes. 2.1 is fairly exclusive, not many people own them, so I doubt the later firmware versions are specific for that. You can research for yourself though :)

9. DTheRPGFan657289

I tried to do so, but my point is my Acekard 2 cartridge can't seem to run any of the updates past 4.07. What happens is, it boots up as an Acekard RPG firmware. It shows the memory stick. but when you select the memory strick, it shows nothing. Even though the stuff is on there. So that's my particular problem. I contacted Acekard to ask WTF was up with that, but they never returned my emails.

10. anandjones

Use the proper Acekard 2 firmware or AKAIO then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.