1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Concerts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silent sniper, Jul 19, 2008.

1. silent sniper

silent sniper Active Member

Sooo, anybody been to any concerts? At any time in your life, really. Also if you are going to concerts sometime in the future. The only concert I've been to was Gigantour 2008 in Vancouver (with Megadeth, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Job For a Cowboy, and High on Fire) and am going to see Amon Amarth October 6th.

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

yeah been to a few, Red Hot Chilli Peppers were pretty good, also velvet revolver and shihad.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Velvet Revolver aye, Slash! I've only been to the one at Trafalgar Centre, RockQuest, really gay, all the bands sucked, but hey, they were local. Wanted to go to Big Day Out this year, to see Rage Against The Machine (all the other bands nah), but I'm too young, the age is 18 I think. It was on my birthday, so that would have been a good present. Damn.. And I can't go to Lollapalooza 2008 either. I'll have to be at least 18 to see some decent bands in other countries.

4. Patton

Patton Guest

uh oh.

I will have to post tomorrow with my whole list :p

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

RATM wasnt as good as you thought it would have been, was OK but not the best, Ozzy got a much better reation when he came to welly :) SOAD are also pretty sweet live

6. anandjones

Really? That's what I heard as well, the members are lacking enthusiasm these days, you should have seen them back when they were kicking, Zach would be jumping all over the show, one show he even twisted his ankle. Zach has a fro now :p Yeah, SOAD is pretty awesome. Serj Tankan (SOAD singer of most of the songs) has a bach in Auckland now :) No I am not a stalker.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I almost went to a weird al yankovic concert last summer cos he happened to be in town, but in the end I didn't.

8. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I have gone to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Sydney. They totally rocked out.

9. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I rarely go to concerts, mainly because I'm too lazy to go or too broke to buy the tickets :). My girlfriend drags me into some, though. I've seen Simple Plan, Coldplay, and System of a Down.

10. ericfish912

ericfish912 Member

Ive been to Iron maiden, Foo Fighters, Offspring, Slayer, Mastodon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park, Tenacious D, Gigantour (Megadeth,Devil Driver, Static-X and Lacuna Coil) Queens Of The Stone Age and Smashing Pumpkins, Machine Head. Just to name a few ;D, id love to see System Of A Down (when they eventually get back together) also Metallica and Led Zeppelin (I doubt it will ever happen but I have to be hopeful)

11. Dynodevil

Dynodevil Well-Known Member

I went to Download Festival this year and going to see Bullet for my Valentine and Underoath sometime later this year :)

12. anandjones

God you're lucky. Metallica is releasing a new album soon, so you never know..

13. ericfish912

ericfish912 Member

Yeah I know pumped for it, but here in Australia they very rarely come out, but fingers crossed ;D

14. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Coldplay had just done a concert in Sydney or Brisbane.. I don't remember correctly.

15. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

Back in March I went to see The Faceless opening for Nile. There was also another band there, Unexpect, that I hadn't heard of that I ended up liking, extreme metal with added female vocals, 9-string bass, and violin (I also got to talk to their bassist during one of the other sets, so I liked that a lot).

Last August I also saw Rush on their Snakes and Arrows tour, as well as Dream Theater on their Chaos in Motion tour with Into Eternity and Redemption. At other points in my life I've seen bands such as Lamb of God, Trivium, and Mannheim Steamroller to name a few, then there's the countless classical concerts I've been to.

I also almost went to see Return to Forever less than a month ago, but when I found out that tickets were $50 with the student discount I decided against it.

16. Patton

Patton Guest

Okay, ready?

Slipknot
    Dream Theater
    Foo Fighters
    Rush
    Job for a Cowboy
    Kataklysm
    Skillet
    Three Days Grace
    Red
    Thousand Foot Krutch
    The Offspring
    Green Day
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Metallica - Foo Fighters
    Rage Against The Machine
    Bad Religion
    Pennywise
    NoFX
    AC/DC
    Rammstein
    Lostprophets
    Bush
    Puddle Of Mudd
    No Doubt
    Gwen Stefani
    Millencolin
    Queens Of The Stone Age
    Guano Apes
    Garbage
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Soundgarden
    Lenny Kravitz
    Silverchair
    Unwritten Law
    The Chemical Brothers
    The Rolling Stones
    Counting Crows
    Saliva
    CKY
    The Vandals
    In Flames
    Fear Factory
    Faithless
    Everlast
    Darude
    System of a Down
    Incubus
    Nine Inch Nails
    Mudvayne
    Static-X
    Limp Bizkit
    Stone Sour
    Killswitch Engage
    Drowning Pool
    Godsmack
    Chimaira
    Nirvana
    Slayer
    Trivium
    Hatebreed
    Mushroomhead
    Machine Head

=)

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, you're canadian. :p

18. anandjones

Darn Patton. You even got to see Nirvana. Rock on Rage.

19. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I would have loved to have seen Nirvana and Pink Floyd, Zeppelin played a while ago but it was a balleted gig so you couldnt even buy a ticket if your name wasnt drawn out :(

20. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Let's see... The Virgins, Jet, Britney Spears (I rock), Dropkick Murphs (w/ The Briggs and Tossers), Arlo Guthrie (w/ The Mammals), The Ruby Suns, FOALS, and a bunch of local bands. I'm probably forgetting a few, but there's unfortunately not a shows I can really see around here. As you may imagine, not a lot of bands come to fucking Vermont. To boot, most venues within a several hour drive require 18+, which I am not. There's too many bands I need to see. *sigh*.