1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Computer thinks its both 32 bit and 64 bit (need help)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cheesewizard, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

OK il tell you what happened

i was trying to connect my xbox to windows media center, i figured i needed to delete my bridged connection between it and my laptop as this is how it gets online. The network bridge wouldn't delete and always came up with an error (first time ive seen it)

i then went to device manager and deleted wan miniport (after following a tutorial) and then the problems started

my network adapters then stopped working and in device manager get either "error 31" or "parameter is incorrect"

i try installing the newest drivers for it but it wont let me "parameter incorrect". Spent ages checking online but to no avail

tried safe mode (sfc /scannow) you name it ive tried it. scannow said there were some corrupted files but coulnt fix it. Ran it numerous times, to be sure.

I decided to replace all windows 7 system files buy doing an upgrade, but then im presented with this error which makes no sense what so ever

[​IMG]

im running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    Laptop is an acer aspire 6920g

please help as cant access the internet or any lan stuff with my laptop.

having to use someone elses :(

any ideas welcome

ive ran registry checks etc

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

So was it a 64bit before?

3. Cheesewizard

it was running 64 bit before, used 64 bit programs etc

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

don't upgrade windows ever, its just asking for trouble. Always do a clean install on a formatted drive.

5. Cheesewizard

i really cant be bothered re-installing all my games again. will take years. Although i suppose its the only option, surly there must be some sort of repair to fix critical system files

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

in theory there is but since it causes problems further down the line you just end up reformatting anyway