1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Complicated saving issue with ePSXe180, Please help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MariBlue111, Jan 19, 2013.

1. MariBlue111

MariBlue111 New Member

Okay so my computer has two hard drives, for a few years I have been using only my C:\ drive but since it was so old and so bogged down I switched to the new hard drive (D:\). My old C drive that had my emulator and corresponding info was running on windows vista home premium and my new D drive runs on Windows 7 ultimate. Alright now that theres a little background this is my issue. I backed up all my emulator files and transfered them onto the new drive and everything works fine except that I can no longer save in game, only save states. My memory card file had issues on the last drive as well but I solved them by creating a folder in the C drive named memory cards and configuring the path to that on the emulator, but doing the same thing is now no longer working and I am sort of clueless on what else to try. Help please!!

2. DeGladiator

DeGladiator Well-Known Member

Please mention what game

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that information is irrelevant to this situation.

4. DeGladiator

DeGladiator Well-Known Member

Maybe deleting the old files and redownloading the emulator will solve it

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It's quite possible the emulator did something to the AppData folder or registry.
    Thus, just moving the files over to another HDD will most likely cause errors as the configuration settings in the emulator still believe there are files in the registry or AppData folders, when in reality, they aren't.

Your best bet would to 'install' the emulator again. Then you can copy some of the configuration files over.