1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Completely Wood R4 Confused! How to make Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns work??

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by delupekara, Oct 9, 2012.

1. delupekara

delupekara New Member

So I've got the original R4 and I just wanna play Harvest Moon: Tale of two towns but when I load the game the screen goes completely white. I know I'm doing something wrong when I try to upgrade the r4. I've downloaded the latest kernel version and I've tried replacing the old _ds_menu.dat file and added the rpg folder but my ds freezes at the black loading screen. What do I do lol!? I'm not sure what to do once I've got the new upgrade version downloaded to winrar. A guide would be great :)

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You should be detail when explaining your problem.
    What did you do, etc.

But here's the proper topic for Wood R4 : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0
    What you ask for is there.

3. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

That topic is just LAME!

4. delupekara

delupekara New Member

My issue is when I delete the _ds_menu.dat file and replace it with the new dat file my ds freezes on the black loading screen. I placed the rpg folder on my card too, but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong because those were the only things I did.

5. Prectorian

Well....I wonder who made that lame topic. :p ;)

Sometimes it might need a quick format.
    Did you make sure the _ds_menu.dat you replaced belong to Wood R4 and not your cart's _DS_menu.dat?
    Try doing the process all over again, replace all with the version that had worked before, then do it over again after a quick format to the SD.

6. CoolKill3r

u did

7. Prectorian

Haha...very funny CK3.

8. CoolKill3r

Not ment a joke.