1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Complete Noob - Problems with R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cheshley, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheshley

cheshley New Member

Hiya.
    I've just started on this site, my R4 arrived this morning but I can't seem to get it to work.

I have the R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution for DS and a 2GB micro SD card which I have formatted.
    I have downloaded v1.27 firmware from R4SDHC.com, extracted the files and moved them onto he card.
    Games downloaded from this site have been extracted into their own folders and moved onto he card but when I tun the DS on I get a black screen with LOADING displayed but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You may not have the correct firmware files on the card, or in the correct location.

When you download the firmware files, they sometimes come in a folder called "ENG" or "English". Make sure you take all the folders and files out of that folder before putting them on your MicroSD.

3. cheshley

cheshley New Member

The firmware files extracted to their own folder and I have moved the 3 folders and 4 files that it contains to the card separately but it's still not working.
    Post Merge: [time]1259420234[/time]
    Scrap that, I think I've got it working with different firmware. One game works on it anyway, now to dump the rest on

;D

Thanks for dropping by

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.