1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Comments on NDS Downloads

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rpgirl, Feb 11, 2010.

1. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I really like this site with its extensive library of great games and fast updates but I there's one thing in which I think should be allowed that is the content of comments for NDS games. I well agree that no discussions about 'HELP' are allowed in comment section as they are referred to forums but not even allowed to comment whether the rom is working or not is a bit critical. I mean, there are people who have slow connection(like me) and limited points and I am certain they don't want to download something that appears non playable on their flashcarts. For instance take Twilight Scene It that has over 90MB.

I am not fond of the idea that we cannot tell others it's not working because it' just down right absurd to download a file that's not working (for some flashcarts, mind you).

Anyways, it's just a matter of opinion, I hope this comment doesn't make it more critical than it already is.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

'this game does not work on DSTT version xxx' is OK, 'doesn't work, don't bother downloading' is not OK.

3. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Yup that was what I was referring to actually. I just mentioned it's not working on my flashcart and nothing else but my comment was deleted. Well, I guess you can't even mention it's not working kinda of comment. Sucks really.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It would prehaps help if you said "It doesn't seem to work on my card, being an (INSERT CARD NAME HERE), can't wait for a fix of some sort, but please someone let me know prehaps if it works on theirs :p "

As a heads up for others, to let them know it's not working JUST yet.

Don't ask for help though-that is what the forums are for.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

But it does bother me. It might not work then, but then 3 days later a patch is released and it will and now people will think it doesn't work. The comments have no form of quoting, they cannot be edited nor searched. They are simply not suited for this purpose and long term it creates far more headaches than it solves to allow these kind of comments.

You don't have to agree with my decisions for RomU. If you don't agree with them there are other places you can get your ROMs.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

How about we remove the comments then-because the first thought to post is "it doesn't work" for those new to the site or don't even know the rules despite legth of time here.

Only other PAINFUL option is to have each verified-or add a report button so experienced users can flag action whe required.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Not going to remove them. There are plenty of warnings. If people don't get them they get a warning, if they keep doing it then their kindly prevented from using RomUlation. Couldn't be simpler.

8. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

May I suggest something? Perhaps the admin can give the first comment of the released game and maybe add an asterisk or something to let people know that the file needs patching?

If people can't play they can't comment whether it's good or not either. Plain and simple as that.

9. namenick

namenick Well-Known Member

I can suggest you to give a look here :)
    http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list
    internet is a huge source of information
    if you have a little more time to look for it
    XD

10. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Then what hapens when a patch is released? Or a certain flashcart updates its firmware to support the game? You can't honestly expect an admin/moderator to add that to every game comment.

I couldn't care less honestly. Half the comments in the NDS Comments section are complete spam anyway.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Won't work, if it has 50+ comments it won't be seen, and...the games aren't actually tested, we just know they'll work eventually.

The rule with new roms is to EXPECT they may not work straight away.