1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Colbert Report ^_^

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by codemeister1990, Mar 31, 2008.

1. anyone else here a card carrying fan of stephen colbert?
    I know I am ^_^

I watch most of the episodes....although his character is very patriotic for a very stupid country -.-, I find him very funny because of how he twists things and is ignorant of other events in the world...

my favourite part is his segment called "the word" :D

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Stephen Colbert is one of my several heroes. He's a comedic genius, really. His ignorance is a joke, of course. It's a satirical show, he's not really a hardcore Christian conservative. :p

But yes, brilliant man. Brilliant show. I cried in laughter when I first saw his argument with Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton over whether or not Washington DC was part of the United States or not. Epic shit.

3. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

I never get a chance to watch his show by my own forgetfulness...but I love how some people think that that's his actual personality. Well, I at least know a few people who honestly think that, so I get to laugh at them after referring to Wikipedia to learn otherwise XD

4. elk1007

elk1007 Well-Known Member

lol. Wikipedia doesn't know everything xD

My girlfriend bought me one of those wrist strong bracelets. It's quite red.

5. Truth

Truth Active Member

He's a talented actor and a talented voice actor.

6. he voice acts for the cartoon show "harvey birdman: attorney at law" or of a similar name

7. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

How very ironic, both stupid but funny shows :p

8. Truth

Truth Active Member

Venture Brothers, too.

And the shows aren't stupid, they're pure genius.

9. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Steven Colbert and John Stewart are both hilarious 'news' anchors, I watch them both as much as I can. I love when Colbert has a guest on the show, he always argues against anything they say, usual no matter what the topic's about ;D

10. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Despite Stephen generally taking the minority or most obnoxious argument possible, he's actually a very good speaker, and often has the ability to really turn the interviewee on his or her head with wit and sarcasm. He's a genius, I swear. :p

11. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Him and Jon Stewart are my main source of intelligent satire these days. I love the sarcasm.
    Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law reminds me of Phoenix Wright for some reason :)

12. Truth

Truth Active Member

Cartoon lawyers?

13. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Colbert and Stewart are the American heroes. I love the trueness of what Clobert says.