1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Codeweavers software FREE; 10/28/2008 ONLY

Discussion in 'General News' started by BloodVayne, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

So, Codeweavers, maker of the Crossover series of applications for Mac and Linux, is giving away all of their products for free today. The occasion? The price of gas dropped below $2.79 in Minneapolis. IMO, who cares anyways, it's free software :) .
    Since their main site is down, however, get the serial codes for the programs at http://lameduck.codeweavers.com/free/, and you can download the program within 2 days and activate it then. They normally retail for 40 bucks.

Product description:
    Anyways I'm going to go test if this can run Photoshop on my Ubuntu machine better than Wine.

2. futurelink

futurelink Member

were you able to run photoshop better on that than on wine?

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wow, free retail software..... sound too good to be true....

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's not, I've got some other good (similar) software for free thanks to offers like this; hell I've even got commercial OSes for free (linspire 5.0, and 4.0 back when it was called lindows).

5. ThisIsTheUsername

ThisIsTheUsername Active Member

How about every day new free retail software (legally): www.giveawayoftheday.com
    (ofcourse no such 'big' things as Microsoft Office, Adobe products etc. are offered there)

and games (but not every day, rarely): http://game.giveawayoftheday.com

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

meh I found giveaway of the day was mostly crappy little apps I'd never have any use for.

7. ThisIsTheUsername

ThisIsTheUsername Active Member

Indeed (I even removed it from my bookmarks after a while)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.