1. This forum is in read-only mode.

COD: Modern Warfare2 pre-order

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Solus, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

I just saw a pre-order for it available on EBgames and the prestige set apparently comes with night vision goggles. Heh I know I cant wait for the game but was also wondering is 200 dollars worth a night vision gogles.

2. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

For call of duty modern warfare nightvision goggles I would think so, plus it's a pretty cool bundle.

3. LD64

LD64 Well-Known Member

I love Call Of Duty!!! I wish I could get that deal!

4. XtremeBlade

I expected more of this game, maps a way to big.
    Different maps, different guns, same game.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I think it's ridiculous any one expected more. It's a sequel, what do you want? An entirely different game? If that were the case then it wouldn't be a sequel. It's stupid to expect anything more, I swear the reason why games aren't as good as they were in the past is because people always expect more and more.

It's not the games, it's the people.

6. XtremeBlade

Jeez, calm down. It's not like I said the game was all that bad, only problems I have with the game are the huge maps, which equals a game full of camping, which is no fun. I also expected more from this game from the amount of hype generated from the media. I also expect more from a sequel, what's the point in even making a sequel if you don't bother adding in some new stuff? And I'm not asking for entirely new game, just some new stuff in this game.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

There is new stuff, a new Single Player mode, new multiplayer with more maps, a more in depth multiplayer mode, with a little thing of co-op. They added a lot of things while staying true to the original. There's a lot of new stuff. Hype maybe generated by the media but it's you, the player, to interpret this. People always expect for the next big game to be a revolution for whatever reason. It's never going to revolutionize anything. Even CoD4 was just that, CoD4, it didn't revolutionize much besides make a more elaborate leveling up feature that BF2 had in the past.

If you haven't notice, a lot of games do the exact same. Halo 2 to 3, different guns, different maps, different single player, same game.

Mario Galaxy to MG2, different features, different costumes, same game.

Even what you said isn't even correct, if it has different things from the original, then it isn't the same game. It might play the same, but every sequel plays the same besides Super Mario Bros 2 (which wasn't even the same game to begin with).

I am calm, you're just interpreting what I said into hostility or me 'freaking out'.

If anyone expected anything more than just a Call Of Duty game, well, wat. People set themselves up for disappointment, at this point, I don't even know what the people who complain about things even want out of their games. What everyone should expect is just another Call Of Duty game, with some new features added to everything, as is with any other sequel.

8. XtremeBlade

'K, I guess you're right.

9. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I finally got this game today and I am working the campaign on Veteran. I feel that the AI is much better and that Veteran on CODMW 2 is like 1.5xVeteran on COD4. I can not wait to play on live, but I must beat the campaign first (it's just one of my things).
    miros

10. XtremeBlade

Online is actually alot better than I though.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Surprisingly it is, it's exceeded my expectations. I thought it was just going to be like CoD4's with a just a few new things added, they kinda did that but made a lot of cool leveling up things. Some maps are annoying and some of them don't pop up often enough (I haven't played High Rise yet).

12. XtremeBlade

Does anyone know if this game has dedicated servers? 'Cause it seems I've only been playing against european players...

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, if you're playing the on the Xbox you should expect no dedicated servers. If you're playing the PC version, nope, not officially.

14. XtremeBlade

Like two minutes after I posted I got into a game with a bunch of non-europeans.