1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Co-Ed Bathrooms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by damanali, Sep 12, 2010.

1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

First, I'm sorry to ask but i'm really curious and alarmed about this topic...

Is it really possible to have a Coed bathrooms? I didn't even knew it was possible to have a Coed dorm rooms but bathrooms too? How can it be possible and does anybody experienced this during their school/college days?

I know people sneaking and peeking to the opposite sex bathrooms but never heard of this until now that some schools legally allowed both sexes to enter into 1 bathroom.

Whats your opinions about this and be mature about it so some people with different cultures and idea can be enlightened.

2. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

sick

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

In pubs and clubs in Hull its becoming more popular, a few places have them.

4. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

alarmed! why? you're either male or female, why should there be any stigma.

5. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

'Cuz he's got a small dick, that's why!

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Ouch ROFL!

I know there are Co-ed dorms, but Co-ed dorm rooms?

As for Co-ed bathrooms/restrooms there's one such restroom in the faculty building at my Uni, & the reason for there being one is that only one person could use it at one time so it's kinda like a bathroom you'd have at home.

7. damanali

I asked because i never heard of such things before. I visited other countries and never heard nor seen these Coed bathrooms before. I never thought that it was possible.

Are those like for multiple users or just 1 inside and the rest wait outside type?

8. msg2009

Its lots of cubicles in 1 room usually.
    I think its used as an excuse to have a doorman in there to help stop people doing cocaine in the toilets.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

@damanali: Ever took a dump/pee at that one tourist spot Barracks restroom at Subic?

It was a large room where the male & female sections are just divided by a thin piece of plaster board LOL!

10. damanali

I didn't saw those toilets. We used the restaurants' toilets which both had male and female ones.

Thanks for the info. Those doormen are the people who helps you inside the toilets, right? The one who holds towels and other toiletries?

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I just wish I can still remember which barracks it was, except it's the one near the port where they have that Bungee Jump ride at & where they used to have that Restaurant which was a refurbish/remodeled Spanish Galleon docked on the pier.

12. msg2009

Nope.
    Doormen(we call them by the old term - bouncers) are the 6'4" 250lb gorillas that are there to stop people fighting and turn away underage drinkers, stop drugs etc.
    Friday night people were openly doing lines of cocaine on a table inside a club, Hull has a bad drug problem.

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Co-ed bathrooms are not extremely popular in the US, but they do exist. Like someone mentioned, it's usually a single room with many "cubicles" where you could shower in relative privacy.

The community bathrooms at the college I went to were not co-ed, but they were split into three sections, the main room had a bunch of sinks and mirrors. To the right had a bunch of stalls with toilets. To the left there were a bunch of cubicles with hinged swing doors that had showers. Some women would often be in the main area with the sinks if they were cutting someone's hair. The most you could see from another person was your head or feet if you were in the shower. The rest of your body was covered. The same would happen sometimes with the woman's bathroom, but not as often, and some girls in the dorm felt uncomfortable even with the doors blocking their body in the shower if a man was in the bathroom with them.

14. damanali

So, its not like a military or varsity shower where its like a big shower room... and here I thought it was like in Star ship troopers type of shower. or those football player type of showers.

What is the purpose of these Coed bathrooms? Is it just done to save land space for more rooms?

15. TirithRR

I believe it's mostly to save space.

16. damanali

So it was not done due to equality of the sexes but more on practicality?
    Well, thanks for the inputs. I learned something today.

17. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I personally think it would be kinda awkward, both Males and Females doing their business in the same room. And if your an absolute pervert it makes it easier to hide a camera.

18. TirithRR

It's not that awkward. No more so than someone showering or using the bathroom in your home.

It really just as easy to hide cameras either way. And in Co-eds, hiding a camera would give you a 50% chance to capture images of a man instead of a woman. If someone really wanted to hide cameras, they would just put them in an all women bathroom and guarantee female video.

19. msg2009

Really, I dont know why it should be alarming. Do you look at womens boobs when they breastfeed in public? No, because you have seen it before and its just a thing they do, you don't even think about it.