1. This forum is in read-only mode.

clueless about a mdf file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeveen, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeveen

mikeveen New Member

i downloaded xenogear disk (1/2) and when i went to extract it it was 2 files 1 a mdf file and the otehr a mds file and a mdf file was not recognizable by my emulator so i was wondering if anyone can help me figure out wht i need to do?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You'll need to mount the image file using software such as Alcohol 52%, then make a file of a format that is accepted by the emulator you're using (.iso,.bin etc.) by using a program such as ImgBurn. Otherwise, you could just burn it to a CD.

3. mikeveen

mikeveen New Member

ok if i burn it to a cd im using roxio do i need to goto burn or creat image because if so its saying the image needs to be an iso or bi nor cue file and thats what im trying to make lol so do i just directly copy the file to a cd or wht?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use Roxio.
    Use a program like IMGBurn http://www.imgburn.com/

But if you want, you can use ePSXe 1.7.0 instead, which is compatible with MDF/MDS files, and works just fine with Xenogears. I've played it on my PC using ePSXe 1.7.0 and the "Run ISO" option.

5. teserut

teserut Guest

i had the same problem a while ago epsxe is meant to run mds/mdf files, you just run iso on the mds file. Nearly forgot =/ you should download alcohol 120% and then try running the iso again. That worked for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.