1. This forum is in read-only mode.

cleaning the sides under the plastic on a ds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 322sarah, Aug 29, 2008.

1. 322sarah

322sarah New Member

Can anyone tell me how i would clean the dirt out of the ds lite between the white part and the clear plastic as my boy has made it very dirty and it don' look nice thanks.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The white shell? You can open it up completely using a special Nintendo screwdriver, or use a toothpick, or a very small tipped paintbrush.

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

It's called a tri-wing screwdriver, not a Nintendo screwdriver, but Nintendo uses it. :p

By clear plastic, you mean the touch screen and inner shell, or the inner shell and the outer shell?

4. anandjones

Whatever :p He's meaning the outer shell that covers the outside of the DS, not the inside.

5. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

No, I think she means the area between the touch screen (Plastic thing) and the plastic part, becase that tends to get dirtied up the most...

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

A picture might help.

7. anandjones

Yeah I play on my DS for hours on end until the dead skin of my hands/fingers make dirt on it, but I've never gotten dirt in that part. Only in the areas inside the shell and the core DS itself.

8. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Actually, you can get quite a buildup there.

9. anandjones

Ah, the little plastic border? I think a picture, or a DS Lite picture from Google with some text or lines added would be very helpful.

10. ricky_

ricky_ Well-Known Member

Not sure what part of the DS the OP is talking about, but I frequently get dirt build-up in the small canals of my 360 controllers, Nintendo Wii controller, etc. What I generally do is take a piece of paper, fold it up, and use the folded corner inside the canal to get all the gunk out. A toothpick might work too, but I always have paper nearby.