1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Classic Rock \m/ O_O \m/ and How did it happen?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rock91, Jan 5, 2010.

1. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

Hello guys. How many of you are fans of good old Rock n' Roll? I mean bands like ACDC or Metallica...
    Discuss classic rock here and tell us a bit on how did you fell in love with Rock n' Roll.
    What was the thing that made you listen rock and what was the band that did it ?

ROCK OOOON!!! \m/ OoO \m/

As for me:
    One day a rocker friend of mine introduced me to his other rocker friends. Then we began hanging out a lot and most of the time I heard only rock and metal music. Also I started listening to ACDC a lot. I fell in love with rock and metal as soon as the songs of ACDC hit my ears. Pure love :D

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

OOH METALLICA!

GIMME FUEL GIMME FIRE GIMME THAT WHICH I DESIRE RAWR!

...nice thread, I hope metallica makes a better album than their last :(

3. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

I am a big Metallica fan and also ACDC. I hope that ACDC releases a new album soon and don't die yet XD. Get it?

btw....post how did you fell in love with rock n roll. Who or what made you listen to it?

4. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Metallica and ACDC is'nt rock and roll lol....Elvis and Chuck Berry are Rock And Roll.

Unless you can name a metallica song that uses a classic 12 bar blues bass line then youd better reedit your words LOL.

Just kidding,iget what you mean :)

5. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

I was gunna kill ya XD

6. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Lynyrd Skynyrd. Tuesday's gone, was one of the first songs I truly enjoyed. In 91, Guns N Roses released Use Your Illusion 1 and 2. Before that, I brought Pearl Jam's Ten vinyl. Rock is a staple that keep the seems of modern society bound, it kept me going when I was my worst enemy. It tells a story, and yet still says nothing. In short, it's simply the best there is, as far as I see it. It really did save my sanity at one time...

7. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

How did it happen? I think it was started by the Beatles. Am I right to say that? Because, in music history, I recall them being the first ones to make a metal song, screamo and use rather odd effects. Although it is said in history that they are the first to create said styles, their songs that feature them sound far from what it is now, but still, roots are roots.

8. MitsukaiXxX

The Beatles are over rated and did not have a much impact on the music as fans these days make out.

Hendrix was the first to create new sounds and ideas,that has influenced every rock artist today.
    the Beatles were just a band that remindedd evryone how cool rock and roll was.

But Hendrix had the biggest influence :)

9. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Jimi, made the guitar bleed with his abilities. Try Yngwie Malmsteen too, some of his stuff is beastly in nature.

10. MitsukaiXxX

Not my soud,but he's still a very skilled guitarist
    good call :)

11. dedboy

dedboy Guest

The sad thing is, the other day, I talked to one of my friends. We were discussing metal, and rock. At one point, I told him a little about Hendrix, and he responded, "Who?"

:-\

He still thinks Limp Bizkit is rock and roll.

Can you really say you love rock and roll, and have never heard of Jimi Hendrix?

12. MitsukaiXxX

LOL....
    he dos'nt know hendrix is lol :)

Limp Bizket are NOT rock and Roll lol.....

Old music like metallisa,Led Zep,ACDC etc etc are classic rock.

Rock and roll is elvis,chuck berry etc :)

have you heard hendrix in band of gypsies :)

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

They had a song, called "Them Changes". I loved that song back when. That was after his original band broke up I think(The Jimi Hendrix Experience). Good music down the line, and good to see someone who respects rock and has good taste as well in the kind of music that makes you able to fight ten million people. All by yourself :)

14. MitsukaiXxX

Yes thats the one.Buddy Miles(drummer) went on to re-record it on his album after hendrix's death.
    Listen to machine gun,proberly the greatest solo recored of all time.

The sounds he creates are phenomenol.

Like hes possesed or something.The only solo that gives me a natural high :)

15. dedboy

dedboy Guest

^ Fully agreed with above statement. Good music, it's like a sinus rinse for the soul, if you know what a sinus rinse does ;)

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Elvis Presley makes Metallica look like kids with downes syndrome.

17. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Elvis was far too ahead of his time to be honest. His gospel songs, tear me up. I'm not afraid to admit that. If not for him, rock and roll and all it's subdivisions wouldn't be at all.

Pretty good for being born after his twin bro died, and in a small two bedroom house.

I just wish he could have conquered his "demons."

18. dancubs

No bones about it. Jimi is a rock god. But all I'm getting at, is that The Beatles are pioneers too. No up and coming band or artist could ever take that from them.

19. MitsukaiXxX

Gospel music was out 30 years before elvis was doing it lol....
    Johhny shines and robert johnson were playing gospel music in the 20's n 30's

I like elvis music,but he's a fake,just a name and a performer.He didnt write any of his songs.....:(.....but still good songs lol :)

20. dancubs

Come on, please don't call Elvis a fake. He's less creative than other musicians in his time, but he's one good son of a gun when it comes to the stage. Truth be told, I believe he could still make it big nowadays, with the better tech and sound quality.