1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Classic Children's Novels Anime

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 14, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

For those of you who don't know, there are Anime based on classic Children's books like, Sarah: the little Princess, My Partrasche: A dog of Flanders, Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, Peter Pan, The Swiss Family Robinson, Anne of Green Gabbles, Little Sisters & Cedie

These Anime are kewl because you don't have to read through boring books to know what the story is About, a plus for doing book reports. But if you did what I said, you might get in trouble, as some of them have had the original story changed, to fit the Anime framework, like Peter Pan, there were only three lost boys :p

Also, as some of these are based on Classical literature, the story doesn't quite fit in today's world. In these Anime kids are powerless, the women too :p. If a kid's parents or elders want to beat him/her up they could, without the kid fighting (not even a kick to the groin or whatnot :p). As for the women, they just cry & cry & say stupid things like, "that's just the way things are" (martyr bitches),when men beat them up. Man thank god that stupid era in human history is over

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I enjoyed reading swiss family robinson, its almost one of my favourite books (next to the coral island, how many other people know that book?)

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Except for the other titles I mentioned, Swiss Family Robinson is good, something about a happy family despite trials & tribulations just gets to you

4. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

so Marcelino pan'yvino ( I don't know if its the right spelling ) goes here

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yup, so does Heidi, The Von Trappe Family Singers & The Anime version of The Jungle Book