1. This forum is in read-only mode.

CiNG, maker of Hotel Dusk

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by MisterGuest, Mar 9, 2010.

1. MisterGuest

MisterGuest Guest

So.. Apparently CiNG, the maker of Hotel Dusk has filed for bankrupt.. Article: Link Does that mean the chance that Last Window won't reach the USA in an English version? I like a lot of the games this little independent game-developer company is making..

2. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

That's...
    actually bad news.

3. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I'm really dissapointed in this because I just tried Hotel Dusk a few days back and I really loved the concept of the game.. knowing that the company had faced bankruptcy and Last Window might not make it to the US, sigh~ Maybe there's people working on English patch for the Japanese Version

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

God damn it...not another small company that seemed like they had some good ideas :(

5. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

They worked together with Nintendo for Another Code and that game was GREAT!
    But now we can say RIP! REST IN PEACE Cing REST IN PEACE!
    You don't deserve to die now!

6. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Because of us pirates....

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

It isn't the main cause...

9. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Maybe....

10. Wadsy

Wadsy New Member

I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean Last Window won't see an English release. At least, it's not guaranteed. Cing is the developer, and since it's had a JPN release, their job is done. In order for us to see it in English a publisher (Ninty, Rising Star etc) would need to get the rights to publish it in overseas markets, translate it (which is typically NOT the dev's job) and it would go from there. Given that Hotel Dusk was a reasonable success, it might still happen. It may even be a decision swayed by how well 'Again' does when it's released at the end of the month.

Anyway, that's my understanding. And why I'm still hoping to see more of Kyle Hyde on my DS :)