1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cider Or beer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stevo11185, Sep 2, 2007.

1. stevo11185

stevo11185 Well-Known Member

Please post what you like best and why.

I don't understand myself why so many people like beer so much, since cider tastes a ot better in my opinion

What do you think.

2. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

you are so right. cider rules supreme. nothing better then on a hot day sit outside a pub and have a cold refreshing cider. and it has a bonus that if u want to get pissed its cheaper as cider normally has a higher percentage then beer.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Err what? Cider has a higher percentage than beer? In Denmark it's almost always less than 1% whereas a normal beer is around 4% and the good ones are around 6%.

Anyway, I'd choose one of the good beers over cider any day, though I'd choose a rum and coke over both of them.

4. equitypetey

1% that sucks. uk is the home of cider lowest % i seen is 4% most are between 5 and 6 and if u get a real good scrumpy it can even get to 12%.

5. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

The best beer is in Germany(7% at least) + the Oktoberfest(a huge festival for the holy water) ain't far away ;D ;D ;D

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Tiger beer is 5% (asian import)

7. Foxymona

Foxymona Active Member

Cider is what you start drinking here in Ireland- usually when you're a kid coz it's cheap and you can pretend it's Cidona.

For me BEER all the way- especially weissbeer. My favorite is 'erdinger'- a fabulous cloudy beer. It's a bit strong though. :)

But buy me a mojito and you win my heart for sure.

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

I like a little bit of everything, but I don't think I've had cider before. I might have to try that sometime if I can get my hands on some.

9. vgmasterx

vgmasterx New Member

Cider is all the way! I love it!

10. celestino

celestino Member

when its cider, its magners

11. equitypetey

if u like magners u must like sweet drinks that don't realy taste of alc, if u like that u should try westerns perry its a 7% pear cider

12. celestino

celestino Member

its true i like magners beacuse of the taste, but i always thought of woodpecker as sweeter. usually i prefer spirits....

ill see if i can find westerns perry, try everything once ^^

13. Vattic

Vattic Active Member

I'd have to say dry cider but then I haven't tried many beers and I don't drink either beer or cider at parties, I see these drinks as something to have with a meal.

14. stevo11185

stevo11185 Well-Known Member

Strongbow :D

15. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If it hurts then you did it wrong, did you do it properly and dip a teaspoon of sugar into the absinthe and then light it on fire?

16. azzaman

azzaman Member

cider > beer

if you can, try some moonshine, it smells like paint stripper but its great plus it's 8.6%
    like drinking 2 pints in one

17. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

Cider? Apple Cider?

18. equitypetey

well cider tends to be apple but there is pear and i have had strawberry cider

19. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

But it does have alcohol...

20. equitypetey

well the stuff i drink has masses of it.