1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Chrono Trigger remake

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by thebass324, Jul 2, 2008.

1. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

It looks like this legendary RPG is getting the DS remake treatment along with its Final Fantasy brothers.

http://kotaku.com/5021227/chrono-trigger-might-be-coming-to-the-nintendo-ds
    more or less confirmed by:
    http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hm, this would be bloody awesome if it were made, this is one of my most favourite games. The already created page of Square Enix's site is proving it more.

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Really .... That's the news of the month :D

4. anandjones

There's also a few news on ds.qj.net as well.

5. kanwarrulz_123

Thanks... can't beleve they are working on it again after almost 7-8 years.

6. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

I think that the announcement finally came meaning there will be an remake on ds

further news from: www.rpgfan.com

7. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

This.... is awesome news! Can't wait for the release. The original for SNES was the first RPG I ever played :).

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Even though, this is great news, won't Square Enix have problems with this? I mean the original Chrono Trigger "dream Team", can they re-forge it, since some of the members already broke off Square Enix.

9. ultra

ultra Guest

we don't know if it's a remake as in a rebuild of the game like in final fantasy 3 or an updated rerelease with using the new features of the ds which will also modify it's gameplay and such.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Speaking of "Chrono" games, whatever happened to the controversial third installment, Chrono Break? I heard that work on that project got so delayed that when Hironobu Sakaguchi & his team left Square Enix, the project was scrapped for good.

11. anandjones

They'd still make it, they still got all the resources and info, they don't just leave them to members, and then when they leave, they don't have a clue on what it's about. They could be coming back, just for the Chrono Trigger remake.

12. sonicblaze

sonicblaze New Member

Anyone else notice that the Japanese countdown site actually has a countdown? http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/

right now it's at 36 22 30 which is about... 4 days :eek:. What do you think happens then?

13. anandjones

Maybe they'll release some more news, like images or videos, or they will have the site ready by then, but not when they release it of course.

14. sonicblaze

sonicblaze New Member

if only :D
    Maybe they'll show off some of the changes. I want to see so I can tell whether they went overboard or not >.>

15. kanwarrulz_123

Just can't wait.

16. billybobjrrr

billybobjrrr Member

this will be awesome, i cant wait, chrono trigger is one of the very best games i have EVER played :D this will definately, without a doubt, be the best game on the nds in my opinion, i cant wait :)

17. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

OMG
    255400 seconds

18. Reider

Reider Modereider

Holy [censored] snap. DO WANT.

I just hope they add an extra dungeon or something at least, since I already pretty much did everything in the SNES and PSX versions.

19. guess I should play the original >.>

20. anandjones

You should, I've played and beat it plenty of times. Best to see what the original is like before you play the revamped version. I really hope some screens or videos will come out though.