1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Chrono Crusade Manga Quick Question....that turned into more questions.

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by MadmanNero, Oct 12, 2009.

1. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I figured this was the best place than ever to ask this question. I have a chance to pick up all 8 volumes of Chrono Crusade my question is it any good and would it be worth 40.00 for the set or should I try getting them a bit cheaper as the person said price was negotiable. I did a google search on it and it seems interesting but I am not sure about the price far as I know they've only been read once and have been taken care of.
    Its on a local website and its rare to see stuff like this show up there.

Also has Planet Ladder 1-7 (40.00) and Hot Gimmick 1-12 (60.00) but they don't hold any interest for me.

2. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Re: Chrono Crusade Manga Quick Question.

hmmm
    40$ for the whole series is already a good price
    but I think you can get it for 30$

and by reading the summary I can tell you that it's somehow a good story, depending the point of view
    personally, I would have jumped on the occasion and bought it
    cause dude, 5$ mangas, not every day my friend

and you know, Rosette looks like Bridget from Guilty Gears,
    *cough* trap *cough*
    :D

3. MadmanNero

I was thinking shooting for $30.00 might try it and see what happens, thanks tuna. I've read a few Mangas but they were all online never really bought any before so I wasn't sure of price ranges or anything. I guess if anymore that look good to me filter though I will nab them and with you saying 5.00 for a manga isn't an everyday thing its also not an everyday thing that they pop up on this website. Its a local classified website that only spans a small region of the state I live in and there are a few stores around that even sell manga.

4. crazytuna

If you are a regular at the shop, you can easily get it for 20$
    well at least... the guy here gives me discounts...

normally mangas range from 10-15$, so I really doubt that they' going to stay there any longer
    so yeah just buy the goddamn books :p

5. MadmanNero

Not a regular customer I just drop in a buy an actual book once in a great while usually something by Terry Pratchett, anyway I think this person is getting them from mail order as it was claimed one was shipped with a crease on the cover of one of them, but to also tell you how odd it is for manga to appear this makes the 2nd time I've seen them listed the ads run for 1 month and I know I had seen them about 2 months ago I just assumed they had sold and just today they were re listed.

I've e-mailed the person about them, but no response yet.

Well since I have you all riled up, what other manga do you recommend I should keep an eye out for just in case?

6. crazytuna

hummm
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni I guess, probably your style, mystery/murder with a tad bit of psychological laughs here and there
    I got vol 1 and 2 for only 6$, I felt like a god that day :p

7. MadmanNero

LOL my style eh? what are you trying to say? :p Are there any with a fantasy flair you know something with dragons, knights, or on the lines of Record of Lodoss war anime, I seen Dragon Quest on a site somewhere but I don't think they are in english.

8. crazytuna

oh wait
    I think I messed you up with mds...
    my baddddd

hmmm, fantasy you say...
    I supposed you heard of Berserk or Claymore...
    or even Slayers

9. MadmanNero

Slayers I have heard of. Berserk...is that what the Dreamcast game Sword of the Berserk was based on? Claymore I haven't heard of.

10. crazytuna

Claymore
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=5743

Berserk
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=5743

I cant really tell you if they're good or not, cause it's not very much my style...

11. MadmanNero

Beserk link is same as Claymore. :p I still found it on the site anyway. They seem good as well as Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

12. crazytuna

oh damn >_<
    failed linking :p

13. MadmanNero

Well still no word on Chrono Crusade, probably doesn't stay online all the time like I do. Might have pissed them off I offered 20.00 for them. LOL :p At least they could tell me "No" than just ignore me like that...hell tell me off at least sheese!

14. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

i have a question!
    what is Chrono Crusade?..

15. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Crusade

16. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

17. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

i se...
    im too lazy to make a pun right now..
    so im just gonna say...
    im not watching this...

18. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Watch/read Erementar gerad then. ;D

19. MadmanNero

Finally got a response on Chrono Crusade I got shot down for offering $20.00 but they would take $30.00

20. crazytuna

You know, the only reason why I downloaded this was because Rosette (girl in the middle) looked like Bridget in Guilty Gears >_>

take the 30$
    if you offered 30$, you would have been shot down, you always have to go lower than the price you want