1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Chrono Cross Rom

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sesshomaru8806, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sesshomaru8806

Sesshomaru8806 New Member

I have downloaded ePSXe and have it running fine. Then I downloaded Chrono Cross from this website and it seemed to be working ok... until I went to start a new game. First I select new game and then I select whether to have the vibration function on or off. After my selection the screen goes black. Now of course since I've played this game before I know this is just when the beginning sequence is loading... however it never loads and my screen remains black...

Anyone know whats going on?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, we should try changing the graphics plug-in, There's a plug-in pack here: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,600.0.html

Try some of the plug-ins in there.

3. Emperor Palpatine

Emperor Palpatine New Member

From what I've heard, Chrono Cross doesn't run on ePSXe 1.6, but it run fine on ePSXe 1.5, so you might want to give it a try.

4. Sesshomaru8806

Sesshomaru8806 New Member

Well I downloaded the plugin package and only one of them worked... and that one barely did.

However I am using ePSXe 1.6 so I'll give 1.5 a try.

EDIT - Well trying 1.5 didn't change anything. Basicly what happens is all the cinematics work fine, but the ingame play is extremely slow. Has anyone gotten this game to work? if so how?

5. camia

camia Member

Reviving this thread, as I'm having the same issue here.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

If gameplay is really slow it is often your computer not being fast enough. What are your computer specs (Primarily processor/ram/graphics card)

7. camia

camia Member

I can't even get to the point of getting it massively slow gameplay, it still shorts out for me at new game.

8. Xenoblade

Xenoblade New Member

I'm having the same issue, but my Comp has 2gig ram, 3gig processor, and a 512mg vid card. I highly doubt its my comp being the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.