1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Chrono Cross Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lankan_beast, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lankan_beast

lankan_beast New Member

Well i downloaded both parts of the game and it seemed to be fine up to the point where you click start new game... then its just a black screen with no sound... I've downloaded games such as Legend of Legaia and Digimon World and they worked perfectly... also I've also downloaded Metal Gear Solid both parts and i was playing fine, but then when i came back to load my saved game it would not let me. One thing that i noticed is that under the game files it says Legend of Legaia and Digimon World are WinZip Files while Metal Gear Solid and Chrono Cross are BIN Files... could this be the problem and how could i fix it? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you

2. tim1182

tim1182 Well-Known Member

first off are you using an emu and which one?usually when playing BIN files you should get a CUE file with it load that if your still having trouble I recommend using ePSXe and downloading the latest version aswell as earlier one since the early ones are more compatible with certain games emm hope that helps :)

3. lankan_beast

lankan_beast New Member

im using ePSXe 1.6.0 and do u mind tellling me what these CUE files do?*-)

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I recommend using ePSXe 1.5.2 for Chrono Cross
    Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 or Pete's DX6 D3D 1.77 graphics plugins will be the best.

Cue files are just files that tell disc burning softwares how the data is laid out on the CD so it can burn it correctly.

5. lankan_beast

lankan_beast New Member

Thanks I'll try that :)

6. F77

F77 Active Member

i had that problem with chrono cross about a month ago, try using ePSXe 1.7(newest version), it worked for me.
    about the metal gear solid prob... i have no ideia, i always use save states(only saving ingame a couple of times just in case i screw up), so i never had to load it from ingame, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.