1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Chrono Cross EBOOT

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KSbored, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

Okay so I have a psp 1000 with cfw 5.00m33-4. And I downloaded Chrono Cross Disc 1 and 2. Now, I read here: http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List#G
    That I needed to make the two files into one single eboot, So i searched online and still didn't really understand. >__<, Which is the best program to make a single eboot? and what game id should i use?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I would use PSX2PSP 1.4.2

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40946

You can easily create EBOOT files up to 5 discs in length.

3. KSbored

I've tried using that, But I constantly get an error saying that i am missing base.pbp. Why does that pop up? Why do I get it?

4. TirithRR

You need to find and download the base.pbp
    Use google.

It's like when you download ePSXe and need to download the playstation BIOS file. Base.pbp is actually the eboot from a PSN downloaded game that it uses to do the EBOOT conversion.

5. KSbored

Okay, I got the EBOOT all made, but whenever I choose to play the game I get an error "80000004" I know it has something to do with POPs but how do i fix it so it doesnt happen again?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not sure what to make of it...but.

Consider upgrading your firmware to 5.00m33v6.

That game should work.
    (I say v6 instead of your v4 as v6 is a more stable version if I heard correctly)

7. TirithRR

That error usually means a bad EBOOT. The last person I tried to help with that wanted to play the Tactics Ogre PSX game, and kept getting that error. I made an EBOOT, and it worked for me, and then I gave it to him, and my version worked for him.

Try remaking the EBOOT. Or maybe your base.pbp is wrong?

8. KSbored

Yeah, well I remade the EBOOT with the settings the psx2psp chose, but the error (80000004) still poped up, so maybe it was the base.pbp file, If so can anyone please provide me a working link to one that they have used?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.