1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Chrono Cross and epsxe 1.7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KSbored, Aug 4, 2010.

1. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone, I've been wanting to emulate Chrono Cross on epsxe for some time now, but I want to get the setting's juuust right so It won't freeze in a boss battle, lag, or mess up during switching discs, and so i can actually play it, so here is what i have:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    epsxe 1.7
    SCPH1001.BIN (Bios)
    Pete's D3D Driver1.75 (video)
    Eternal SPU Plugin Lite (sound)
    Would this be enough to play Chrono Cross?
    Does the game have to be an .iso or a .img file?
    (I'm downloading the chrono cross disc's from here on RomU)
    ALSO, i have a controller i was planning on using: Saitek FPS P990 Dual Analog, it connects via USB, do i need a special plugin? or will it work when i connect it and boot up the games? TY.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Update your Video Plugin. I think 1.77 is the latest Pete's Direct 3D plugin. It should be in the plugin pack available here.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=600.0

I don't remember having much issues, but I used Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 plugin. You need a card that supports OpenGL though.

3. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

During the switching disk part, it is said that the 1.7.0 version have some problems with it, so you may want to use an older version of ePSXe when switching disk.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Like Tirith had said, use either Pete's OpenGL2 or Pete's D3D plugin, and just set it to 'Nice' settings if the game hangs or freeze.
    The game can be either run using the .iso or .img image file.

To use a USB Controller, make sure to set the controller configuration( Config -> Game Pad -> Port 1 -> Pad 1) to DualAnalog/Shock, at the upper-right window.

5. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

Alright, but does this new plugin fix major bugs in the game? Or just some graphic errors?
    Post Merge: [time]1280972715[/time]
    Oh thanks a bunch, haha, i FINALLY got the Controller to work! :D