1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Christmas Tree!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by miros, Dec 13, 2009.

1. miros

miros Well-Known Member

My family and I went out earlier today and got our Christmas tree. And no, we did not go to Sears or Wal-Mart, we went to a real tree farm and cut one down on the spot. I do not have anything against artificial trees (no needles to clean up, no smell, easy to set up and take down, re-usable, they do not require water, and most importantly its the thought that counts!), however I just think that the real trees are more fun. What do you guys think, for Christmas would, or do, you use artificial or natural trees?
    miros

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we have always used an artificial one, and theres a surprising amount of clearing up to do at the end of christmas (although that could be partly down to the age of our tree).

3. Avatar33

my family uses artifical, once i asked my mum about using a real one and she said that she didnt want to use one cause of the smell and neddles

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Artifical tree here...
    Those real trees don't really exist in my country.

5. mininggast

mininggast Member

We bought a real tree 3 days ago. Its huge, so its standing in the garden.

6. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Same here, artificial ones but we don't set it up anymore... :-\ Too much trouble...

Now it stays in cardboard boxes in the storage room... :(

7. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

Our family got a real one last year but it was a mess so were using an artificial one this year.

8. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Real one. We buy and decorate it one day before christmas.

9. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

Never had one :(
    live in apartment, It's hard to find. And there isn't big family in my apartment ::)

10. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

me and the mrs have a fake one and is ok but.you cant beat the smell of a real one and its easy to get rid of once xmas is over .My xmas tree takes about 1.5 hours to take apart and put it back into my loft zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

11. m3romz

m3romz Well-Known Member

@Rysio:
    Same by me but we dig one from our garden. And after new year we put it back in the garden.

12. gx280

gx280 Guest

Over the last few year, The real christmas trees have been good.

Nice smell to :)