1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Choosing new DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by makewin2, May 7, 2009.

1. makewin2

makewin2 Member

Not sure exactly where this topic should go, so I felt safe with general. :p

Okay, so I woke up this morning and started to play fire emblem for the GBA on my old style ds, this is where it gets bad. I decided to get out of bed and when I did I put my ds beside my bed, bad idea. :'(

My ds is now in 2 pieces, top screen and bottom screen, and I was wondering, should I get a lite or a DSi?
    I have an R4 which I know won't work on a DSi, so I thought I read somewhere there was a card for DSi already out? It was a Acekard I think?.... help appreciated on choosing. :)

2. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Acekard 2i works on DSi, for now. There's a chance it woln't in the future. (It's also my most recommended card to get. Personally, I got mine from stuffs4kids.com )

I have to ask, though, how did putting you DS beside your bed break it? Like... do you get that into... well...
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Stuffs4kids.com.... not stuff4kids.com

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are multiple DSi flashcarts. Acekard 2i (currently the best), R4i, DSTTi.

If you play lots of GBA roms on your DS, then get a DS Lite if they are still available. You can't play GBA games on your DSi.

4. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is a card called Acekard 2i which works for the new DSi...and I was in your same boat and I will tell you what I did. I did some research and found out that the DSi has larger screens, two cameras, and is thinner. However, the DSi as of now has no backward compatibility for GBA games and the thing that really killed my interest for getting the DSi was the HORRIBLE battery life. The DS Lite has around 2 to 3 times better battery life compared to the DSi, and for me battery life is absolutely essential. Also, I thought that I could load GBA roms from just the slot two on the DSi, but from what I have read from the internet and the videos I have watched, that would seem to be impossible. I sold my old DS and bought a DS Lite. Hope this helps!
    miros

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

DSi has no GBA compatibility and never will have; the GBA slot was removed.

6. makewin2

makewin2 Member

Thanks for the help, probably gonna get a lite for GBA games.

I stepped on it. :eek: What the hell are you doing with your game systems?

7. TirithRR

Well... the DS and PSP are both capable of internet browsing... :eek:

;D

8. makewin2

makewin2 Member

The old DS has a web browser?

9. TirithRR

Ya. It can use Opera, you just need the RAM expansion for slot 2.

10. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Download CBDS

11. makewin2

makewin2 Member

Well downloading anything for a ds is on hiatus until I get my new one. I'm actually okay with that, seeing as there aren't any games interesting me lately, so I've been playing GBA games. And thats why I want a Lite.

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Keep it on topic thanks.