1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Choosing a ROM...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by raptir, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raptir

raptir Member

I've searched a great deal, but I can't find a good tutorial. How do I pick which version of a ROM to get? For example, I downloaded Super Mario Bros. 2. There was a "(PRG0)" and a "(PRG1)." Golden Axe has REV00 and REV01. Is the higher number always better? I already know about [!] being the good dump, but I'm not sure what to do when there are multiple good dumps...

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

On older roms for classic systems its best to find the ones that have a [!] in the titles that means it has been verified as a working rom, the "Rev" is changes that had been made to tweak the game might be a graphic fix or something with the sound and maybe something that you didn't even notice, but yes the higher number the better change of it working on more than one emulator. either way its a trial and error just pick one and see if it works on your emulator and go down the line until you get one that works for you.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1359.0

Use that, as for PRG and REV. I have absolutely no idea.

4. raptir

raptir Member

Thanks. I know most of the tags that are in that link, like I said, it was really the prg0/1 and the rev00/01 that had me thrown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.