1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Chipping gamecube...need support from experienced players

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.What is the size of game cube iso files...I'm planning on buying mini dvd's but they are 1.4 gb...

2.I have heard from a pevious chat that normal dvd's work but require...modifications...I want the lid...and I lost the link to one that might have worked...

3.Will the burnt disc work like the real one, features, memory card, etc?

4.I need to know what are the best GAME CUBE chips, need these funtions (should be standard but just in case...

a.long life

b.minimal risk to damage console if ANYTHING goes wrong

c.play imports

d.play burnt games (duh)

e.what other features are availible for chipped cubes?

I am aware that there is other, software mods, but getting the cube chipped is the easiest, person to person option I have (hate mail order stuff, don't have credit card, AND I can knock out the moron if something goes wrong, instead of mailing "i want refund" only to get "no because YOU did something wrong...).

I posted before, but only got one response, sure it should be a simerlar process to other chipped consoles...but...this is a first timer...

I always avoided this kinda thing since I am loyal to nintendo (a money hungry corperation) but the warrenty is gone by now, and cubes are cheap enough to replace...so I'm curious...

SO....any takers?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

up to 1.5GB I believe. Also bear in mind that the disc is read in the opposite direction to a normal optical disc, so burning may not be completely straightforward.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

what is 'chipping gamecube' mean??

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

fitting a modchip to a gamecube so you can play copied games

5. meganova

Copied games means Pirated one right??

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sometimes. Or just copied.

I have personally made backups of all my old PSX games. They are not pirated copies, but they are copies.

Copies mean just that. Copies.
    There are pirated copies, and there are legitimate copies.

7. meganova

Oh..
    Like that huh...

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...i might share them, but by no means to profit..I'm just sick of paying 100 bucks for an old game...second hand!

I forgot about the reversed direction...how does one go about sending an iso to a dvd then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.