1. This forum is in read-only mode.

chipped 360 help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chaunceez, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

got chipped 360 and cant play modern warfare 2 help?

2. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

If it is not a backup you can try turning off the modchip (if that's what you meant), that depends on the model of the chip but on most of them turning the X360 on by pressing the eject button instead of the power (or the other way around) disables the chip.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I believe 360's are not chipped but are flashed, like how a psp is done..

The mod chip might be conflicting with the game since it's new, it might Have anti piracy coding, or the 360 is damaged.

I might go a google search and see.
    Post Merge: [time]1260165536[/time]
    Has the 360 went online?

It migt have tried to install some updates and blocked it out...not sure wether it's the game it's self blocked out or online play.

4. chaunceez

nope and it cant play it saying its a dvd.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Prehaps the 360 needs a firmware update...and because the system is altered it may not be an easy process...

This is out of my area of expertiese, though I feel having that thing altrered might be the cause of your problems...what system emny does it have?

My mate had to get the one with the wii-like avater's running before he could play some games.

6. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

usually the DVD drive of the X360 is flashed but when it uses a modchip the modded firmware that enables the backup copies and games of other areas to run is stored on the chip. If it says it is a DVD you'll need to update you modded firmware or like on my previous post you may have to enable the modded firmware on your chip (powering from the power or eject buttons and on some the controller sync button), when the X360 says a game is normal a DVD you'll either trying to play a backup or a game out of the console area.

7. chaunceez

like wat you mean powering from the power? and ejcect buttens?

8. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

I mean pressing either one to turn on the 360, some modchips are only able bypass the DVD drive restrictions by pressing either the power or eject button to turn the console on. google your modchip model or go to manufacturer site for more specific info.

9. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

your all wrong, it's because CODMW 2 is wave 5

to play it you need to update the flashed firmware, currently you can only get it for Samsung drives, the latest for Hitachi only goes to wave 4.

or what i'm doing to play wave 5 games on old firmware is to go rent a wave 5 game and update your console,
    then you need to burn another copy of your game but patch it down to a wave that your drive can handle most likely wave 2 or 3 but if you do this don't have your 360 hooked up to live as if you put that game in while connected you will get banned for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.