1. This forum is in read-only mode.

China's way to solve congestion

Discussion in 'General News' started by iluvgtavcs, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

http://www.chinahush.com/2010/07/31/straddling-bus-a-cheaper-greener-and-faster-alternative-to-commute/
    Yes and this is China's way to solve congestion.
    [​IMG]
    Hundred percent guarantee that accidents happen frequently!
    don't you agree? Its HUMUNGOUS

2. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Good idea but I have many objections ;D I shall call it the huge thing
    1) Won't the drivers get a shock as and when this huge thing goes past them?
    2)Just one accident caused by the huge thing would cased the whole street to be shut down and hundreds of people dying...
    3) It doesn't solve congestion, it just add another "layer" of road transportation.
    4) what happens if a car or something similar crosses the line of the huge thing,won't it get squashed?
    I could sit here whole day with many questions to be asked ;D

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

dont everyone reacted the same way when the monorail when online in your town?

I like that thing... whatever it is.... it look like a giant worm XD

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I'm sure china will figure it out once it happens.

5. unqiueninja

But I am sure it is impossible ;D

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's bound by the same rules as all other road vehicles so I doubt it would cause an increase in accidents.

I think its a valid idea but I wouldn't like to say if its techologically feasible or not.

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Really wouldn't freak most people out especially if your used to tunnels and such, but I can see one hell of a mess if someone bumped the side and goes off into the next lane and caused a pile up underneath it which would in turn knock it...ah hell you get the ideal.

8. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

At least there woulbe be no more bicycle riders bumping the side of the bus and breaking the window next to where I sat at.

Anyways, would this be a problem when switching lanes?

9. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Does this thing drive on its own seperate road? on the pictures its taking up 2 lanes of the existing road so reducing the road by 50%. And a hell of a lot more than 1200 people can go through 2 lanes in a small amount of time.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it isnt, the cars drive under/through it.

11. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

How can the car underneath the bus can do a left/right turn? Do they need to wait until the bus moves forward... cause if thats the case, it would slow down traffic.

I would suggest more of a train idea. Cause from what i'm seeing on that news and pic, the wheels of the bus are on the side of the road, not on the road itself. If they want to keep the size of the road while creating a new source of transportation, they could build pillars on the side to support the train tracks structure and it wont cause traffic. It could also be a solar powered train.

12. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Ah yes! I get it now.
    Its still going to cause problems for traffic wanting to turn.
    It could still be stopped by a car accident, someone not keeping exactly in their lane, emergency services making cars move out their way etc
    A seperate system would be much more efficient

13. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Very unique idea.

Although as a driver myself, I don't think I could get used to the fact a bus could come driving right above me. Especially if lighting was to be effected.

Something's got to be done, but this idea just doesn't sit right for me.

14. unqiueninja

Yes I know, very "Unique" idea ;D *Cough* *UniqueNinja* ;D

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Seems like it's going to be bound on tracks, as it looks to pass over the metal barrier.

I wouldn't feel safe with it coming behind me and over me (that's what she said). Seems a bit too dangerous to come into fruition.

16. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

its the perfect target to bomb

17. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

thats why i said:

18. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Looks a brilliant idea. Probably safer than traveling by car by atleast threefold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.