1. This forum is in read-only mode.

China's Melamine Scandal

Discussion in 'General News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I can't believe no one reacted on this yet. Anyway, China's reputation has again been dealt with a blow below the belt with this Melamine Scandal. But what puzzles me is that why the hell do these Chinese manufacturers even put the stuff in their wares in the first place? IS profit really that too important for them to risk consumer's lives? Has the term "Quality over Quantity" no longer valued these days?

For three years now we've been recieving dire news of products coming from China being tainted one way or another? This include those warnings that shoddy PC peripherals from China are laced with a virus or two.

2. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

for a country with that much population, its no question they are willing to do anything to survive. once, they imported some chinese-made foods which contains formalin, the things they use to mummify bodies

3. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

yeah almost every drink here in the ph with chinese characters is an everyday joke here in the ph

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

They do it because it saves money and they can get away with it. China has notoriously lax quality control. So far this scandal has killed 4 human babies, made tens of thousands sick, and has also hit 3 monkeys and a lion cub from a chinese zoo. Someone is probably going to get shot when this is all cleared up.

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

what is this about? can give a link to the artical?

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

7. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I have my doubts that the Chinese government is doing their all in terms of product quality control, however the sheer size of food industry in China DOES make it hard. I have always had second thoughts when buying Chinese products and will probably continue in the future.

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Too bad because the Chinese were quite good at manufacturing and craftsmenship

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wow, that is bad.... real bad.....

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

umm no? Chinese made stuff is virtually always horribly lacking in quality.

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Somethings like Violins from China are actually pretty good

12. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

yeah...
    but CHINESE FOOD are still one of my faves
    aint nothing gonna stop me from devouring them
    SIOMAAAAI FU

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Other things of note made in China are consoles, like the PS2 & some PC stuff like my Logitech gamepad which I really find distasteful :-\

14. ultra

ultra Guest

that's not in their control, that is on the investors control. if sony/microsoft/nintendo wants to make their consoles using cheap parts, then the manufacturer isn't going to stop them because the manufacturer is only making and assemblying the materials into a finished good based on the specifics of what the investors decide. of course it is their fault if the investor tells them to use a specific part and the manufacturer neglects the agreement, then the manufacturer holds full responsibility.

overall, things developed, not manufactured, in china are often low quality goods. there are lcd's that are chinese labeled and they are aweful.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's true & a good point there ultra. In the race to lower a product's cost, quality often gets compromised. :p

16. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

but they make most of the goods in china, cause its pretty much cheaper, considering the number of man power there. that made something that is 'made in china' branded as being the worst something can be

17. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Jeez, I live in Singapore, and everything is "Made in China". Im too scared to even buy chocolate. Its very scary.

18. duderedux

duderedux Well-Known Member

BTW,has anybody seen the cardboard bun report they had on CNN?

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Eeeww that's just plain sick :p

20. bimalhero

bimalhero Member

The products i buy are all made in china, even my room-mates are made in china.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.