1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheats that used to work don't anymore O.o

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by moonep, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonep

moonep New Member

Hi,

I just fairly recently posted on here about my Pokemon Platinum freezing in a couple of areas and was told to reformat my CycloDS Evolution card, which worked wonderfully.

I'm a little confused now though because out of nowhere the cheat codes I had enabled, which I know for a fact never caused any problems on my game, just made it so my game won't load all the way. It'll go through the opening sequence but once I get to the save file and actually load my file the screen stays black.

I can get the game to load perfectly find if I disable the cheats, so I know the save file isn't messed up by overusing cheat codes which is why I'm confused. I have had an experience where I put on a bad cheat and it wouldn't load my game, but since I've used all the ones I have activated before I know it can't be that.

Does anyone have any idea why this is? For now I'll just play without the cheat codes, since they were really minor anyway (max cash, and one that gave me 100% catch rate no matter what ball I used, faster egg hatching from the daycare...), but I'd rather not have to waste pokeball's if I don't have to.

If anyone has any idea's please let me know :/

2. RomMan9000

RomMan9000 Well-Known Member

Are you using an up-to-date cheat data file?

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Cheats aren't fully stable on all devices, so it may have just taken it's time to not work properly.

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I had that problem with HeartGold. I used the AceKard 2i with the official 4.18 firmware, and no cheats worked, so I updated to the AKAIO custom firmware and it worked perfectly. If your flash carthas custom firmware available, then it may work again.

5. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

try checking out the tutorials i posted in the tutorial section. I had a problem similar to that. I think...

but yeah hopefully those will help you out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.