1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheats on R4i Gold

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jayne Locke, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayne Locke

Jayne Locke Well-Known Member

I have a problem with using cheats on my R4i Gold. I have a clean formated 8GB Sandisk MicroSD. I've downloaded games from this site and I press the Y button and it comes up with "No cheats found". I used the Massive Cheat Database from GBAtemp and it still doesn't work. I bought it from a company called Xpertron:
    www.xpertron.co.uk

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Read the Common Issues on cheats not appearing. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

you need Ysmenu check my vid of how to make it work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1YKO7NNQgs

4. Jayne Locke

I have an R4i Gold. Not an original R4.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If your roms are patched, then the Game ID of the rom will have changed. The default entry from the pre-built cheat databases has the clean game ID.

You will need to modify the game ID of the entry using a Cheat Database editor like R4CCE
    http://home.usay.jp/pc/soft_en.html

6. Jayne Locke

I have some cheats working, but it can find any cheats for Pokemon Platinum (E) or Pokemon Heart Gold Patched from this site.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If it's patched, you have to do what I told you. Change the Game ID using the cheats database editor

8. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Orginal R4s had a problem when their cheat databases could only be so big, so just take out some games you won't use, eg (J) and (K) regoin Roms.

9. Jayne Locke

I used the cheat database editor you gave me, and I got the ROM info from my patched ROM and my R4i Gold is not picking up the cheats. I need to sort this out.

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Did you delete the cheat.dat file that was alrady there, Its best not to have two cheat files in the same folder

mabe one of either cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat

11. Jayne Locke

The R4i gold only has one cheat file which is cheat.dat

12. Jhon 591

It should work with usrchat.dat, the orignal R4 has the same, I deleted cheat.dat and replace it with usrchat.dat and it worked

Just have a backup in your original kernal

I think you can call it what you like, like Mycheats.dat as long as it ends with .dat

But i think both in the same folder might confuse things

Usrcheat.dat may look small but after its unpacked, it will be under 6mb

13. Jayne Locke

ok. I did it and it will not pick up Pokemon Heart Gold (J) or Platinum (E),

14. Jhon 591

With R4CCE fined the game , select your rom from your pc , click on the three ... dots next to it, this will change the game ID

Then save the usrchat.dat as R4 and save it in a new folder, don't copy over orignal, then replace it onto your card

15. Jayne Locke

I tried that and I get an error on Pokemon Heart Gold and it says:
    Error Cheat not found.

Maybe the kernel needs updating but the latest is Version 1.30

16. Lewpet

Lewpet Well-Known Member

is the game even on the data base?

17. sooty170780

sooty170780 New Member

Personally i've had some issues with a number of sites selling memory cards, but I know someone who runs a site which is great price. He does have a lot of choice too, obviously down to personal choice but i use uk-memory-cards.co.uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.