1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheats Not Working

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Wintrale, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Right, as you all know I have an AK2i and a DSi running AKAIO 1.4.1... I use the UsrCheat.dat file from GBATemp, but it doesn't always work. It's weird - the cheats will always show up, but never seem to take effect on some games. It'll work on some games, like YuGiOh World Championship 2009 and Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (I unlocked all cards in the former so I could make any stupid deck I felt like making and gave my character's unlimited use of their weapons as well as a +1 to all stats every time they level up so I could have fun on Savage Difficulty), but won't work on others like Advance Wars Days of Ruin or Resident Evil Deadly Silence. I've been trying to simply unlock all the COs for the former and change the character in the latter to Rebecca - but I can't get it working, like at all. I can select the cheats, but they have no effect and they don't have activation codes either (so it can't be that I'm not pressing L+R when I need to, since I don't need to press anything for the cheats to work).

Anyone know a way to fix this annoyingly selective cheat code problem?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try editing/deleting some entries with R4CCE by Yasu (google). Note that some codes aren't always stable on each device, which is why codes that run fine on an emulator, may not do so well on a flashcart, since they're known to "hide" a lot of emulation details. With the code, it should state that it has an activator or not, either in the code title name or comment, or you can look at the code with R4CCE to see a line that looks something like: 94000130 FDFB0000.

3. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Yeah, thanks for that. I fixed a load of them and got them working, but didn't feel like having to do that every time the cheat database got updated. In the end, I basically cycled through all the available cheat database files and found that cheat.dat works with all my games. So I assume that the UsrCheat.dat file works, but isn't stable (as you said) while the cheat.dat file is much more stable - I've found no problems so far.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I stated that the codes aren't always stable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.