1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheats not working on R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by coldwinterbabe, Feb 1, 2011.

1. coldwinterbabe

coldwinterbabe New Member

At first I thought it was a problem with my Kingdom Hearts game, but now I can't use cheats on any of my games.

I'm running Wood 1.23 on the R4, playing on a DSLite. I have tried cheats with Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (SUXXORS European version) and with Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (U). Even when I try to delete other cheats with R4cce, the cheats don't work. Is the latest version of Wood the problem, or could it be something else? I'm usually a drag-and-drop kinda gal, so I don't really know how to identify the problem. Thanks for any help.

2. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I've been looking on GBATemp for ya and I found a guide for
    R4 and wood

http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide-to-setting-up-wood-r4

It also has an section explaining how to activate cheats on Wood :

Step 9. Cheats.
    Before using cheats you will have to install a cheat database, GBAtemp provides an up to date cheat database for you to use. The NEW massive CHEAT DataBase maintained by Narin , elixirdream and the Cheat Code Crew. Currently it's normally updated 1-2 times per week, so will normally contain the latest cheats, you can find out more by visiting the Cheats forum. To install, download This file and extract to the __RPG/Cheats directory on your Micro SD card.

Cheats can be enabled globally for all games, or just for individual games. To enable cheats globally, from within Wood R4 press (start), select 'Settings', press the (R) button 3 times and next to 'Cheat In Game (AR)' select 'on'. Now Press (A) to confirm.

To enable cheats for an individual game, highlight a game and press (Y) to bring up the properties. Now press (Y) again, press the (R) button, next to 'Cheat in Game (AR)' select 'On', press (A) to confirm the changes. This will override the setting under the patches menu, By default it will be 'Global' which means it will use what ever setting is present in the 'Patches' menu. 'Off' will disable cheats overriding the setting in the 'Patches' menu.

Now you have to select which cheats you want to enable for your game. To do this this highlight your ROM, press the (Y) button to bring up the properties, Now press the (X) button. Press (A) to select the cheats to enable, and when you are done press (X) to confirm.

As of Wood 1.10, a shortcut has been added which allow you to quickly view the cheats for a game. Simply highlight a ROM, hold down (L) and press (Y).

Wood R4 will then save these cheats to a file which has the same filename as the ROM, but with a .CC file extension. The .CC file will be in the same location as the ROM. Most cheats will require a key combination to be pressed for them to activated within the game. To view the key combination select the cheat and press the (Y) button.

See the link for the rest of the guide it has also some pictures maybe this will help you.