1. This forum is in read-only mode.

cheats not showing up on M3i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by buchichu, Jul 14, 2010.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

weird problem - I thought the cheat databases were just slacking off but I just added the most recent cheat.db (basically for DQ9 as today's update was specifically for that game) and when I try to access the cheats it's acting as though there aren't any. This is with the most recent versions of both the M3 and Sakura firmware.

any ideas why some game's cheats just won't show up? I tried using touchpod instead but I'm not even sure how to access cheats in that. I also hate the interface :p
    Post Merge: [time]1279126191[/time]
    Okay, so I tried a few tihngs, including making a manual .dht cheat file and selecting several different cheat files but whenever I try and use any of them I get a white screen after the Xenom screen. :(

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

When you added the newer database did you merge or copy and replace the cheat.db?

As for Dragon Quest IX I've seen a few reports of the game locking up after enabling cheats.

3. buchichu

whenever I add the new cheat databases I replace the old file

4. MadmanNero

Well...

Have you tried re-downloading the .db and trying it a second time?

I have an M3 Real so I can try the .db on mine and see what happens. Should pretty much be the same setup as M3i haven't updated mine in ages as I don't use cheats that often.

5. buchichu

yeah, just tried that...no luck. The direct cheat button acts as if there's no cheats for the game and when I use the select cheat file and find one and use a cheat, it freezes up my game. As though the cart knew the cheats wouldn't work so it ignored them, lol.

6. MadmanNero

Oh so you did get them to show up, they are just not working for DQ9, thats a whole new ball of wax with that one maybe the next firmware update will straighten it out.

7. buchichu

yeah, it's almost MORE frustrating now...looky but no touchy :(

8. MadmanNero

Story of my life...

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Here's where an issue may have sprung up. The M3i may have a cheat limit like pretty much every other M3 and the R4 plus basically all of it's clones (which includes all original M3's). Try manually accessing the file after downloading it and removing some of the cheats for games you have no intention of playing.

10. buchichu

oh, seriously? I used to have an R4 and was aware of this annoying issue and had to do that but thought the M3 wasn't affected by it. Well, worth a try...