1. This forum is in read-only mode.

cheats for a patch game?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KentaZX, Apr 9, 2010.

1. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

i read from the common issues theread :

"
    If your game has been patched in any way, the Game ID is has been changed. Cheats identify games by the Game ID. GBATemp's cheat database uses the Game ID of the clean rom. In order to use cheats on a patched rom you must use a database editor like R4CCE by Yasu to update the Game ID of the cheat entry."

soooo... how do you do that to a german patched pokemon soulsilver exactly?

and secondly when i try to open usrcheat from gbatempt in the r4 cce, it always end up closing the app. can someone help me please?!

and lastly how the bloddy hell do you get all the dam pokemon codes to work on the ackard 2i!?! >_< i made a post about that but no one is answering....

2. Shinigamiz

Shinigamiz Active Member

I didn't really understand your first question but I'll try to answer.
    You can get the Game ID by opening R4CCE and selecting your usrcheat.dat (or any other .dat's for cheats that your flashcart contains)
    The GameID is changed because it was patched, so the cheats displaying for that game wouldn't work.
    Select the game and click on the "..." next to the Game ID display, and then select your patched ROM.
    It should automatically adjust the GameID to the patched version so the cheats would be working again for the patched ROM.

The usrcheat.dat from GBATemp is a cheat file for most/all games.
    You could create an own usrcheat.dat by using R4CCE.
    Firstly open your R4CCE, then click "Add Game". Name the game to your corresponding ROM.
    Then click on the "..." next to the GameID/Dup, and select your game.
    The dark side of manually making a usrcheat.dat is that you have to find your own AR codes on the internet.
    If you have some AR codes of the game, click "Add Code".
    If you're all done then save the file as usrcheat.dat and replace it in your folder on your memory card.

To activate codes on the Acekard 2i, press "Y" and select "Cheat DB File" and select the cheat file.
    After that select "Rebuild". Then press "A" to save.

I hope I helped out :)

3. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

i see.. ill try that game ID display method.

and yea after i did rebuild it it came with an error, but then when i checked again, it bloody work, man i was pissed off before working with the acekard 2i cheats |D.

i let you know if the patch game problem works.

EDIT: It didnt worked :|. any other ideas? do i have to get german cheats for a (U) german translated game?

4. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

oh yea another thing. not all the cheats on my (U) prepatched soul silver on my ak2i. like egg hatch is missing and event codes are too... (i didnt bother changing to a clean rom for my ak2i 1.6irc2 cuz i dont know if itll freeze on there.) rebuilding kept saying theres no cheats in the database.

any ideas?

doesn't even work on a clean rom either!! dammit AK2i has cheats problems

5. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

Did you edit the .Dat straight from your SD card? Because that screws up the whole dat. You have to pull the .dat onto your computer, edit it from there with R4CCE, and then put that .dat on your SD card.

6. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

yea i know that. and didnt worked.

EDIT: OMFG...... i found out now its the fact the xml cheats wont work on my AK2i!! not the usrcheat! |:|

okay how the heck do you get xmls to work on the ak2i, im sure i heard they work for the cards.

EDIT: nvm. found out the problem.