1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheats dont work on R4 ? Pokemon

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by martinnewton, Mar 31, 2008.

1. martinnewton

martinnewton Active Member

i wanna use some cheats as its rather boring startinh again and training, you see i had original cartridge i lost, and i went and bought an R4 to play some roms, so nowi want to get working cheats,

i click cheats etc and enable them, but the only one that works ingame is running shoes from beginning, none of the items etc work anyone know how to fix that ? i got the latest cheat.dat file from their site...

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Maybe you have the wrong version of Pokemon, each AR code has been designed for a specific game or game code, so if you have a different version such as (E) etc. it probably won't work. I recommend you add the cheats yourself and add cheats for games that you will play.

3. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

did you put usrcheat in the system file or anandjones is right

4. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Or maybe you input the wrong id code

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If he didn't put usrcheat.dat in the system folder, he wouldn't have been able to run any cheats at all. He didn't input the game id code, he downloaded off the site so it was already preset for him, he just probably had the wrong game version that's all.

6. martinnewton

i dont know, i have an english R4 and im from uk, but i play with the Diamond - pearl NTSC version, asin (U) and the us cheat file, so i dont see the problem, some cheats work as i say like the running shoes at beginning / infinite hp etc, but i dont likte that one as it spoils it more than rare candys would etc, but the item ones dont, its rather pissing me off now.

7. martinnewton

Nevermind guys, i forgot to press the L + R etc to activate. sorry for trouble