1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheats don't show up for some games on M3 DS Real?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by DACP, May 20, 2012.

1. DACP

DACP New Member

The cheats don't show for some of my games even though those games are in the cheat file. I use the M3 DS Real.
    I downloaded this cheat: 26_03_11_CHEAT.DB.zip from this website http://cheats.gbatemp.net/. This is posted on the website:

There is a problem with some flashcards such as the R4DS and all of its clones (M3 Simply, N5DS, ect) which limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games. This means that cheats for games that appear at the end of the cheat file are not displayed, this includes games for The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh, Trauma Center and others.

You have four options, the first is to get a new flashcard, the second is to delete the games from the cheat file you don't plan to use, the third option is to move the games to the top of the list and the fourth option is to use an alternate firmware/loader for your flashcard such as YSMenu, AKAIO and so on.

The cheats don't appear on Final Fantasy IV (Nintendo DS) and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia. I think what the website posted might be the problem. I already tried to move the cheats that were not working to the top of the list using notepad but every time I edit the cheat file in any way the cheats end up not showing up for all my games. That means that I must be doing something wrong while editing the cheat file.

Can someone tell me the correct way to move the cheats to the top of the list so they can work? Or can someone show me some other way to make the cheats show up for my games?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Find and use a program (easy to locate via Google) : R4CCE.
    Run the program and load the cheat to edit. You can either self compile a cheat list consisting of only the games you will be cheating by means of deleting from the cheats you'll never be using or compile from scratch.

All in all, your M3 main firmware only able to read up to 100 cheat set code, whilst the current list you got must be far more than that thus most are unreadable by your cart's firmware. Unless you reduce the database to below 100 then the remaining won't be readable. Other method is to run the cheat database and the rom via YSMENU/Wood as secondary firmware. Only the YSMENU/Wood able to read the entire database without trimming its number.

So those are your options to do; trim the database using R4CCE, or run the entire database by playing the game and cheat via secondary firmware. Either way, your M3's main firmware is obsolete.

3. DACP

DACP New Member

I can't seem to edit my cheat_eng.db file with R4CCE. I don't think it's compatible. Do you know a different program that can edit the cheat_eng.db file?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@ DACP,

I've PM you the method. Good luck.